Jump to navigation Jump to search
CBPUSAL Function Designation Streamlining Spectrum
- C. Cluster. An accumulation of compartments.
- B. Braced Cluster. Structured for higher acceleration.
- P. Planetoid. A hollowed nickel-iron asteroid.
- U. Unstreamlined. Protrusions increase drag.
- S. Streamlined. Cowlings and fairings decrease drag.
- A. Airframe. Winged for performance in atmosphere.
- L. Lifting Body. Radically streamlined lifting-surfaces.
Airframe Hulls are streamlined to deal with atmospheric flight.
Selected Craft Using Airframe Hulls
|3 Representative Airframe Hull configuration ships|
|97 Representative Cylinder Hull configuration ships|
|109 Representative Needle Hull configuration ships|
|37 Representative Slab Hull configuration ships|
|164 Representative Wedge Hull configuration ships|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Airframe. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|