Narsil class Battle Rider
|Narsil class Battle Rider|
Symbol of the Sword Worlds
|Type: BRL Battle Rider|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Origin||Sword Worlds Confederation|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Narsil class Battle Rider is a rider warship.
It is a vessel with 6-G and J-0 performance with a streamlined wedge hull. A battle rider from among the sword worlds, it represents a radical departure from established norms in their naval architecture. Offensive firepower is the priority at the expense of survivability, and defenses, the hallmark of many sword world designs. High acceleration drives were fitted to allow the design to close rapidly to prosecute targets and break off just as quickly. This level of pursuit ability was seen as necessary when compared with the heavier and slower Sacnoth class Battle Riders which are tasked with defending the Sword of Vengeance class Battle Tenders.
- It carries heavy armament and a military defensive suite. The particle accelerator spinal mount and the six heavy missile bays leave little room in the cramped hull.
- It ordinarily carries two subcraft, no ship's vehicles, and drones when needed.
- It has a 169 sophont crew and 40 marines. The crew consists of 11 command, 38 engineers, 53 gunners, 7 flight, 20 service and 40 marines. They share double occupancy in the equivalent of 87.5 staterooms.
- A fictional chit in the style of Fifth Frontier War representing a squadron of Narsil class Battle Riders. The color of the counter indicates its allegiance to the Sword Worlds Confederation.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||10,000 tons. Streamlined Wedge Hull.|
|4.||Electronics||Bridge. Two Model/5 fib ship computers.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||x2 40T Assault Boats|
|9.||Fuel Treatment|| Fuel Scoops
|10.||Cost|| MCr10,266.034 |
8,212.827 in quantity.
|11.||Construction Time||160 weeks to build, 128 weeks in quantity.|
The original designs for these models were lost in archive fires on Narsil (world), in its violent, tumultuous past. The successor designs were rushed into production to cover for early losses. The admiralty still has this matter under investigation to this day. The complete lack of defenses comes a shock to many, their only hope of success to is to cripple targets early with long range fire and missile barrages. Targets that close to short range can pose a serious threat.
This hull does feature more traditional marine assets, including a set of four capsule launchers and thirty-six additional ready capsules. The assault boats can perform recovery and will occasionally be lent to their big brothers the Sacnoth class Battle Riders to help transport their marine platoon, to bring up the companies strength during planetary commando strikes. In the event of critical internal damage, the redundant auxiliary control center functions as a secondary battle bridge and is fitted with its own Model/5 fib ship computer.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BRL class Light Battle Rider
- Ardi class Battle Rider
- Aulinu class Battle Rider
- Cleon class Battle Rider
- Dungfumbler class Heavy Battle Rider
- Houdini class Battle Rider
- Iingar class Light Battle Rider
- Joao class Battle Rider
- Joneslow class Battle Rider
- Lithos Mailed class Heavy Battle Rider
- Narsil class Battle Rider
- Nolikian class Battle Rider
- Nosea class Battle Rider
- Omega Supreme class Battle Rider
- Parasite class Battle Rider
- Perseus class Battle Rider
- Quiquilat class Battle Rider
- Reverent Prayer class Battle Rider
- Sacnoth class Battle Rider
- Trindel class Battle Rider
- Valhalla class Battle Rider
- Zero Karma class Heavy Battle Rider
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science