This is where you’ll find information on current events in the world of Traveller. Important events on the Traveller Wiki, new Traveller book releases, and news about companies that produce Traveller products. I will try to keep this as up-to-date as my schedule allows. If you have any recent information that you can’t find here please feel free to add it to the appropriate category.
- The first issue of X-Boat: A Traveller5 Zine has been fulfilled to many of its kickstarter supporters as of mid-August 2019 CE. The first issue has been book mapped here at the wiki at this article: Xboat 01
- The Traveller5 (version T5.10) has been released by FFE and designer Marc Miller. The print version is scheduled to ship in late August, but the PDFs for the new three-volume set has been sent out to various Kickstarter backers. In addition, the core rules were updated on DriveThruRPG and thus went out to anyone who bought the previous edition. (Some people may have fallen through the cracks: if you bought a previous PDF or CDROM of Traveller5, you are eligible for the updated files; email T5@farfuture.net if you think you are eligible and didn't get the upgrade). The print version can be ordered at Traveller5.net.
- FFE has released the Traveller5 Font 11 Compartment Symbols, a free download with ship compartment symbology. (June 2019)
- Ian Stead has released the Traveller Ship Font, a low cost downloadable font with iconic Traveller ship outlines. (May 2019)
- The Encyclopaedia Dagudashaag and the Referees Guide For your eyes only which detail the Dagudashaag Sector are now updated with corrected errata and are available to download for FREE from this website. (May 2019).
- Gazelle-Class Close Escorts, a new T5 publication by Michael Barger is available from RPG Now. It's a wonderful high tech take on the venerable Gazelle class Close Escort. It's well worth a look! (June 2018)
- Older releases
The Traveller News Service (TNS) archives have been posted http://wiki.travellerrpg.com/Traveller_News_Service
- Traveller 5 News Jan 31, 2008
- I want to thank every one of you for your support as we bring the T5 CD ROM to publication. Your confidence in this project is extremely gratifying. Thank you.
- Of course, T5 is facing some delays. Every fix and edit we make seems to ripple through the entire text. Even at this late stage, new ideas seem to generate themselves. We’re now looking at March 1 (and thank goodness for that extra day in February this year!).
Ad Astra Games (publisher of Attack Vector Tactical) has annouced an agreement with Far Future Enterprises and BITS to produce Traveller Miniattures. The first run of miniatures will be matching the ships found in Power Projection. Announcement
We are currently working on 43,189 articles.
If you would like to help this database grow search for the relevant page and then start adding information. Or you can check out the Most Wanted Pages and add information on the subjects that are most wanted.
As of Monday, February 20th 2006 we received permission to enter Library Data into the Traveller Wiki. It has begun...