Fuel Scoops are included in craft with streamlining which allow the skimming of unrefined fuel from gas giants and the gathering of water from open lakes or oceans. 
Streamlining may not be retrofitted; it must be included at the time of construction. 
What is a Fuel Scoop?
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
Almost all smallcraft are streamlined, and can enter atmospheres. All can operate with unrefined fuel; they also have inherent fuel scoops which allow them to skim fuel from a gas giant. 
References & contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 14-23.
- Marc Miller. Referee's Manual (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 83.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1994), 61.
- Don Perrin. Starships (Imperium Games, 1996), 73.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science