Houdini class Battle Rider
|Houdini class Battle Rider|
|Type: BRL Battle Rider|
|Also see||Battleship- Battle Rider|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Houdini class Battle Rider is a rider warship.
Built for the Varellan Empire, the Houdini class Battle Rider is a streamlined needle/wedge structure with fuel scoops for ocean refueling. Six of these riders are carried aboard the Varella class Fleet Tenders. The rider carries a 60 ton shuttle. The hull is lightly armored and capable of 6 G's of acceleration and low agility. A back up Model/5 fib ship computer is carried. The marine platoon has 60 drop capsules. The designed intention of the ship is to kill enemy ships of the line with the spinal mounted meson gun. The fusion guns are reserved for point defense and the beam laser battery is used to dissuade smaller craft. The six 100 ton missile bays are for killing escorts and for providing ortillery, to support marine operations. Offense is seen as more important than defense with this design. The marines recover using the ship's shuttle.
The craft mounts the following weapon systems:
- 1 meson gun spinal mount
- 6 heavy missile bays,
- 10 dual fusion gun turrets, firing as 20 batteries
- 1 particle accelerator bay and
- 10 triple laser turrets, firing as 1 battery.
The vessel carries the following defensive systems:
- 1 repulsor bay
- 20 triple sand caster turrets, firing as 2 batteries
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Number in Class: 54.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type BRL class Light Battle Rider
- Ardi class Battle Rider
- Aulinu class Battle Rider
- Cleon class Battle Rider
- Dungfumbler class Heavy Battle Rider
- Houdini class Battle Rider
- Iingar class Light Battle Rider
- Joao class Battle Rider
- Joneslow class Battle Rider
- Lithos Mailed class Heavy Battle Rider
- Narsil class Battle Rider
- Nolikian class Battle Rider
- Nosea class Battle Rider
- Omega Supreme class Battle Rider
- Parasite class Battle Rider
- Perseus class Battle Rider
- Quiquilat class Battle Rider
- Reverent Prayer class Battle Rider
- Sacnoth class Battle Rider
- Trindel class Battle Rider
- Valhalla class Battle Rider
- Zero Karma class Heavy Battle Rider
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science