Athune class Close Escort
|Athune class Close Escort|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: ECE Close Escort|
|Hull Configuration||[[Wedge Hull]]|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Cost||MCr459.774 (base) |
|Quick Ship Profile||CE-DS42|
|Also see||Close Escort|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and an Escort.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The needle/wedge hull is lightly armored and fully streamlined with scoops and on board fuel purification to allow wilderness ocean refueling. The ship has a powerful maneuver drive capable of 4Gs acceleration, and 4-Agility. The ship is capable of Jump-2, and carries enough internal fuel for a Jump-2 with a Jump-1 reserve. They are fitted with Jump-2 drop tanks for increased range when crossing rift zones. The large fusion power plant is rated to keep all the energy weapons and computers running while preserving the ship's graceful agility. The TL–11 craft are fitted with the best ship computer available, a military grade Model/5 fib computer adjacent to the bridge.
The armor is just enough to resist critical damage to vital components, but not so much as to diminish speed and agility. It carries a single triple beam laser turret, a dual plasma gun turret and two triple missile turrets. There is a small hold, which can double as a missile magazine.
There are eleven crew; a pilot, navigator, 4 engineers, 1 medic, 4 gunners.
They deploy a 3 dton Narit Air Raft, as an interface vehicle when orbital port facilities and shuttle service are unavailable.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||400 tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EC class Close Escort
- Athune class Close Escort
- Breaker class Corvette
- Bunker class Close Escort
- Convoyer class Close Escort
- Cozzi class Corvette
- Durt class Escort Corvette
- Egek'aa class Corvette
- Emerald class Escort Corvette
- Eradicator class Escort Corvette
- Esqua class Escort Corvette
- Gazelle class Close Escort
- Gem class Close Escort
- Grisha class Corvette
- Hatchet class Light Corvette
- Hopkins class Escort Corvette
- Javelin class Escort Corvette
- Jimenez class Escort Corvette
- KE8 Blockade class Lancer
- KE9 Unleashed class Escort Corvette
- Kotaka class Escort Corvette
- Lancer class Corvette
- Malcolm class Corvette
- Mongoose class Close Escort
- Patrol class Close Escort
- Qatan class Escort Corvette
- Risa class Close Escort
- Shalis class Patrol Corvette
- Sieno class Close Escort
- Sii'kha class Escort Corvette
- Stalwart class Corvette
- Sultanhisar class Escort Corvette
- TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette
- Toad SR7T class Yacht / Warsloop
- Type CE class Close Escort
- Type EC class Corvette
- Vaward class Close Escort
- Wasinki class Corvette
- Wyvern class Escort Corvette
- Xebec class Explorer
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|