Grisha class Corvette
|Grisha class Corvette|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: EC Corvette|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr1,298.597 (base)|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|IOC||No information yet available.|
|Model||No information yet available.|
|Origin||Kostov Confederate Republic|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|QSP||No information yet available.|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Grisha class Corvette is a light warship.
Grisha-class Corvettes serve with the navy of the Kostov Confederate Republic, a member state of the Solomani Confederation. The class are streamlined, unlike their larger comrades, the Leningrad class Destroyer and Krivak class Frigate. Although the design lacks screens, it is slightly more agile and carries a useful Ship's Boat.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage||The Grisha class is constructed using a 1,200 Ton hull built in a Wedge configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, giving good atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.|
|2.||Crew|| x29 personnel.
|3.||Performance|| The vessel mounts a Jump-3 drive, a Maneuver-6 drive, and a Power Plant-6, giving performance of Jump-3 and 6-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 5 and an emergency agility of 6. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-3 and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics||Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/6fib computer: no backup computer is installed.|
|5.||Hardpoints|| 12 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for a Grisha class is:|
|7.||Defenses|| The hull is plated, structurally reinforced, and built with secure bulkheads and compartments that give it a High Guard armor rating of 4.
|9.||Fuel Treatment|| The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 432 Tons.
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr1,298.597
|11.||Construction Time|| 126 weeks (29 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 7.0 Tons. The cargo hold can be sealed and has independent life support and environmental systems.|
History & Background
Grisha Class Corvettes serve with the Kostov Confederate Navy of the Kostov Confederate Republic, a member state of the Solomani Confederation. 124 examples of the Grisha class are currently in service: they are essential for local patrol and protection duties and are also occasionally called upon for Confederation service.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EC class Close Escort
- Athune class Close Escort
- Breaker class Corvette
- Bunker class Close Escort
- Convoyer class Close Escort
- Cozzi class Corvette
- Durt class Escort Corvette
- Egek'aa class Corvette
- Emerald class Escort Corvette
- Eradicator class Escort Corvette
- Esqua class Escort Corvette
- Gazelle class Close Escort
- Gem class Close Escort
- Grisha class Corvette
- Hatchet class Light Corvette
- Hopkins class Escort Corvette
- Javelin class Escort Corvette
- Jimenez class Escort Corvette
- KE8 Blockade class Lancer
- KE9 Unleashed class Escort Corvette
- Kotaka class Escort Corvette
- Lancer class Corvette
- Malcolm class Corvette
- Mongoose class Close Escort
- Patrol class Close Escort
- Qatan class Escort Corvette
- Risa class Close Escort
- Shalis class Patrol Corvette
- Sieno class Close Escort
- Sii'kha class Escort Corvette
- Stalwart class Corvette
- Sultanhisar class Escort Corvette
- TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette
- Toad SR7T class Yacht / Warsloop
- Type CE class Close Escort
- Type EC class Corvette
- Vaward class Close Escort
- Wasinki class Corvette
- Wyvern class Escort Corvette
- Xebec class Explorer
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science