TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette
|TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette|
|Type: ECE Escort Corvette|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr518.423 (base)|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|IOC||No information yet available.|
|Model||No information yet available.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette is a warship.
The TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette is a corvette escort class deployed by the Trooles Confederation. Examples of the class can be encountered throughout the coreward parts of Theta Borealis Sector. The vessel has a unstreamlined dispersed structure hull. It is fitted with on board fuel purification plant, but is unable to conduct independent wilderness refueling operations.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage|| The TC9 Forgald class is constructed using a 900 Ton hull built in a unstreamlined dispersed structure configuration. The hull is incapable of wilderness refueling.
|2.||Crew|| x41 personnel.
|3.||Performance|| The vessel mounts a Jump-2 drive, a Maneuver-2 drive, and an upgraded fusion Power Plant-2, giving performance of Jump-2 and 2-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 1 and an emergency agility of 2. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for a Jump-2 and has a jump 1 internal reserve, and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration. It is fitted with drop tanks, should extended range operations be required.
|4.||Electronics|| Adjacent to the bridge are a pair of Model/5 fib computers.
|5.||Hardpoints|| x9 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament||TC9 Forgald class Destroyer Escorts are fitted with weapon systems for naval service.|
|7.||Defenses||The hull is unarmored.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment|| The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 288.0 Tons. They are delivered with a new set of optional jump 2 drop tanks, which can be fitted as needed.
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr518.423 (base)|
|11.||Construction Time|| 108 weeks as standard, 86 weeks in bulk.
|12.||Comments|| Standard cargo capacity amounts to 4.0 Tons.
History & Background (Dossier)
The TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette is used by the Trooles Confederation. These unstreamlined dispersed structures are another commercial merchant frame pressed into military service by desperate member worlds. Inexpensive, it is intended to provide CSP abilities to destroyer flotillas. The three squadrons of light 10-Ton Fighters are the main offensive and defensive power of this vessel. More of an escort carrier, they eschew marines in favor of more pilots and space fighters. They do carry a 40-Ton TC04 Valkyrie class Dropship as an interface vessel to reach planet surfaces when needed. They have impressive operational range but lack acceleration and agility. The weapon load is typical and can assist in its own defense but poses only a small threat to enemy ship's of the line. There are no service and flight line maintenance crews embarked. Keeping fighters rearmed, refueled and ready for combat can be difficult for this ship. The tempo of operations can suffer as a result. The subcraft are all pressed into service to skim fuel for their mother-craft.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EC class Close Escort
- Athune class Close Escort
- Breaker class Corvette
- Bunker class Close Escort
- Convoyer class Close Escort
- Cozzi class Corvette
- Durt class Escort Corvette
- Egek'aa class Corvette
- Emerald class Escort Corvette
- Eradicator class Escort Corvette
- Esqua class Escort Corvette
- Gazelle class Close Escort
- Gem class Close Escort
- Grisha class Corvette
- Hatchet class Light Corvette
- Hopkins class Escort Corvette
- Javelin class Escort Corvette
- Jimenez class Escort Corvette
- KE8 Blockade class Lancer
- KE9 Unleashed class Escort Corvette
- Kotaka class Escort Corvette
- Lancer class Corvette
- Malcolm class Corvette
- Mongoose class Close Escort
- Patrol class Close Escort
- Qatan class Escort Corvette
- Risa class Close Escort
- Shalis class Patrol Corvette
- Sieno class Close Escort
- Sii'kha class Escort Corvette
- Stalwart class Corvette
- Sultanhisar class Escort Corvette
- TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette
- Toad SR7T class Yacht / Warsloop
- Type CE class Close Escort
- Type EC class Corvette
- Vaward class Close Escort
- Wasinki class Corvette
- Wyvern class Escort Corvette
- Xebec class Explorer
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science