|Trooles Confederation||Pre-Imperial||None||No standard code||None|
|Trooles Confederation||1st Survey (300)||Tr||2-ltr code||None|
|Trooles Confederation||2nd Survey (1065)||TroC||4-ltr code||None|
Bound together by their fear of subjugation at the talons of the Korsumug Empire, these planets have a largely democratic agreement to ensure their mutual self interest in survival. This, despite the fact that several of the member worlds are not democratically inclined.
The worlds of the Trooles Confederation.
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within the Trooles Confederation:
- It is in a constant state of war with the Korsumug Empire.
History & Background (Dossier)
The confederation formed sixty years ago when a badly damaged ship escaped from a planet conquered by the Zerps arrived. The crew's tales of the horrors visited upon them ignited a fear that forced the planets to band together for self defense. Trade between member worlds is encouraged and faces few restrictions. Each planet contributes to support the shared navy. Strangers visiting from beyond their territory always face initial mistrust and suspicion.
The Confederation Navy defends the member worlds of the Trooles Confederation and extends its protection to independent worlds lying beyond its borders.
- Naval High Command oversees naval operations.
- The High Command answers to the President and Senate of the Confederation.
The majority of Confederation vessels are constructed at Oujda, though a percentage are manufactured locally.
- These vessels are built below the maximum construction tech level of Oujda (TL–12).
- Local port facilities are able to maintain and repair the craft.
- A stream of new Oujdan vessels is constantly available to replace losses.
- Bounties are paid to ship captains.
- The captain divides the proceeds amongst the crew.
- Would-be Jaibok-hunters will flock to serve with a successful captain.
The TCN is divided into two major fleets, two large flotillas, and a large scout force
- Each fleet is led by a skilled commander.
- Fleets are disciplined and well trained. They operate together efficiently and cohesively.
- Trooles Home Fleet. The largest force, charged with defending and patrolling the home systems. It provides a pool of ships to support other operations.
- Trooles Expeditionary Force. A dispersed force operating along the Korsumug Main and the worlds beyond. It frequently sees action.
- Astron Frontier Patrol. The smallest force, charged with keeping the rimward border of Astron Sector clear of Korsumug activity and rogue Jaibok.
- Outer Worlds Patrol. A force operating in the systems to trailing of the Confederation. Assignment to the Patrol is seen as an easy duty.
- Trooles Reconnaissance Command. Charged with reconnaissance, scouting, surveying, and intelligence-gathering, it operates far beyond the Confederation's borders.
- The Reconnaissance Command also acts as an internal messenger and courier service within the Confederation.
- It is based at a major facility located at Pautho.
Fleet Marines and garrison forces use the:
The Oujda Trade
The Oujda Trade is the name given to a trading route between the Confederation and the advanced industrial world of Oujda, lying some 8 parsecs to trailing in Banderhue Subsector. It is a jump-2 route that winds between the better quality starports of the region.
The Confederation and Oujda have an economic and defensive alliance.
- Oujda constructs a significant percentage of the Confederation's starships and spacecraft and provides them at a substantial discount.
- Oujda provides almost all of the vehicles, weapons, and ammunition used by the Confederation.
- The world supplies a constant stream of advanced consumer goods, products, devices, and equipment.
- Oujda actively supports and helps maintain the Confederation and its navy for this purpose.
- Oujda's government pays large bounties for Korsumug vessels confirmed destroyed.
- Its laws are extreme and they are rigidly enforced.
- The Confederation chooses to overlook this for continued economic and defensive self-interest.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This polity is primarily found in the following areas:
The capital of this polity is:
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|