- It is part of Charted Space.
|Korsumug Empire||Pre-Imperial||KorEmp||No standard code||None|
|Korsumug Empire||1st Survey (300)||Ke||2-ltr code||None|
|Korsumug Empire||2nd Survey (1065)||KoEm||4-ltr code||None|
Rumors persist that the ancients played a role in the uplift of this savage species. Their fondness for killing each other has slowed their ability to expand. One rumor is that this was the result of a later Hiver manipulation to prevent them from laying waste to countless civilizations. No Droyne are found within their territory in modern times.
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within the Korsumug Empire:
- Humaniti (Human races)
The empire formed 3,500 years ago when the planet Korsu was united under the rule of the Zerp, an alien species. Once they achieved FTL travel they began to conquer other worlds. Periodic civil wars interrupt this steady expansive advance. They are ruthless in the pursuit of wealth and are exploitative of conquered territories.
Fleet Marines and Occupation Garrisons use the:
- 10 dton TL–10 KE010 Grundel class AFV,
- 8 dton TL–10 KE005 Jaibok class G Carrier, and the
- 6 dton TL–10 KE006 Gruneg class Speeder.
Marine infantry formations uses vacuum suits for protected forces duty. Those skilled in laser weapons are sought after for sniper/scout/FO duties. Cutlasses, revolvers, cloth armor and reflect still predominate. Army troopers carry ACRs, and wear CES. Officers, NCOs and vehicles crews are often seen with compact, folding stock bull-pup layout 9mm SMGs, and 9mm auto pistols. A strange assortment of daggers, blades and swords find their way into soldiers arsenals as well, despite efforts to root out individual preferences. Tactical skills are good, but artillery and heavy weapon skills are lacking. A significant percentage of troopers can fix and operate the tracked ATVs and AFVs, and several can drive and service Grav vehicles. Colonial guards are locally raised militias units of inferior quality troops. They field "elite" units of laser scouts equipped with laser carbines, smoke grenades and flat angular slabs of matte black ablative armor. They typically deploy from unarmed and lightly armored wheeled ATVs.
Strategically it is not the quality of these ships, vehicles or soldiers, it is the staggering quantity. Other states in the region field larger, more dangerous vessels. It is the endless supplies of these vessels that make them so dangerous. The waves are difficult to resist. Enemy forces can not be everywhere all at once.
The Korsumug Empire fleet dispatches patrols that travel in groups of 1d6 ships, and the ships range from 200 tons to 1,200 tons. The ships are built at TL–10.
- 200 dton TL–10 KE2 Zerp class Battle Scouts
- 300 dton TL–10 KE3 Korsu class Gun Boats
- 400 dton TL–10 KE4 Horde class Sloops
- 500 dton TL–10 KE5 Cataclysm class Patrol Boats
- 600 dton TL–10 KE6 Plague class Brigs
- 700 dton TL–10 KE7 Virulent class Corvettes
- 800 dton TL–10 KE8 Blockade class Lancers
- 900 dton TL–10 KE9 Unleashed class Destroyer Escorts
- 1,000 dton TL–10 KE10 Rapacious class Fleet Escorts
- 1,100 dton TL–10 KE11 Ancestor class Frigates
- 1,200 dton TL–10 KE12 Sarash class Destroyers
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This polity is primarily located in the following areas:
- Mavuzog Sector
- Theta Borealis Sector
The capital/s of this polity is/are located in the following location/s:
- Vech/Taltan (Mavuzog 2922). Deep meson sites are located throughout the system as a powerful defensive bulwark.
World Listing: 1105
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Group One Theta Borealis Sector
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science