Planetary Aerospace Defense
- It includes surface defense (atmospheric air defense) and Orbital Defence.
- It is part of a COACC system.
- 1 Library Data Referral Tree
- 2 Description (Specifications)
- 2.1 DEW Planetary Defense Weapons & Equipment
- 2.2 GUW Planetary Defense Weapons & Equipment
- 2.3 KEW Planetary Defense Weapons & Equipment
- 3 History & Background (Dossier)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
Library Data Referral Tree
- Militaries of Charted Space (War in Charted Space)
- Imperial Navy (IN)
- Imperial Army (IA)
- Imperial Interstellar Scout Service (IISS)
In general, the systems consist of an Air force, a collection of flight capable vehicles some of which are orbital capable to enagage the enemy. These forces are known as Close Orbit and Airspace Control Command (COACC) or just Aerospace Control Command (ACC).
- The air forces are supplemented (or in some cases supplanted) by ground based weapons systems, including planetary defense missiles, directed energy weapons, and the highly devastating deep Meson gun site.
DEW Planetary Defense Weapons & Equipment
DEW Air Defense Energy Artillery (ADEA)
DEW Point Defense Energy Artillery (PDEA)
- Point Defense Energy Artillery
GUW Planetary Defense Weapons & Equipment
GUW Guided Missile Artillery
- Cruise Missile
GUW Point Defense Missile Artillery (PDMA)
- Point Defense Missile Artillery
KEW Planetary Defense Weapons & Equipment
Conventional Air Defense Artillery (ADA)
Conventional Point Defense Artillery (PDA)
- Point Defense Artillery
Late Period History
During the Hard Times era, where starships became rarer and more difficult to obtain, military strategy moved more toward utilizing the ground based forces for their defense. And once the Collapse had destroyed almost all of the remaining starships, ground based systems were all that were left.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|