- The term is also colloquially used as a substitute for a WMD.
- Terrans often used the Anglic term "nukes" before the term Thunderball caught on.
- The term encompasses all forms of weapons of mass destruction, not just nukes.
- Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD's) are controlled through tradition and the more explicit Imperial Rules of War.
Thunderball Generalized Types
Nuclear Weapon Types (Launch Platform)
- Air-based Nuclear Weapons
- Land-based Nuclear Weapons
- Sea-based Nuclear Weapons
- Space-based Nuclear Weapons
- Starship-based Nuclear Weapons
Nuclear Weapon Types (Mechanism)
The development of nuclear dampers and effective antimissile systems in the interstellar age has greatly diminished the effectiveness of such weapons.
Various Terms for WMDs
- ABC (Atomic, biological, and chemical)
- CBRN (Chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear)
- CBRNe (Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and enhanced explosives)
- NBC (Nuclear, biological, and chemical)
Weapon Mitigation Systems
- Antimissile Systems
- Energy Fields
- Nuclear Dampers
Higher Technology Superweapons
Selected weapons at TL:13-15 mastery or less:
Selected weapons that are suspected to be more advanced than TL:13-15:
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- It is believed that widespread use of these superweapons occurred during the semi-mythical Final War.
- Many asteroid and planetoid belts are believed to have been the result of the used of these superweapons during the Final War.
World Listing: 1105
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at CBRN_defense. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Weapon_of_mass_destruction. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. The text of Wikipedia is available under the Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.|