TC04 Valkyrie class Dropship
|TC04 Valkyrie class Dropship|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: UI Dropship|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cargo||0.1 emergency locker Tons|
|Cost|| MCr20.375 (base)|
|Crew||37 with 36 marines|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The TC04 Valkyrie class Dropship is a specialized warship.
The TC04 Valkyrie class Dropship]] is an "express elevator to hell" as one unknown marine once famously quipped. They are deployed aboard vessels from the Trooles Confederation. Examples of the class can be encountered throughout the coreward parts of Theta Borealis Sector. The vessel has a fully streamlined needle/wedge configuration structure hull. It is fitted with fuel scoops and allowing it to perform wilderness ocean refueling.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|2.||Crew||x37 crew, the flight crew consists of a pilot/gunner who is usually an officer or commissioned specialist and a platoon of 36 marines, there is a small craft bridge with two acceleration couches and thirty-five addition life support couches in the troop bay. There are no staterooms nor lowberths.|
|3.||Performance||3-G acceleration, Power plant-3, EP-1.2, Agility-0.|
|4.||Electronics||Model 2 computer|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||Factor-1 hull armor|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops.|
|10.||Cost|| MCr29.735 (base)|
|11.||Construction Time||24 weeks to build, 19 weeks in quantity.|
|12.||Comments|| Architects Fee: MCr 0.297
The TC04 Valkyrie class Dropship class is used by the Trooles Confederation. These are fully streamlined dual environment vehicles. Lifting, variable geometry wings and heavy grav modules make them stable firing platforms. They fly ballistic trajectories and lack the elusive maneuverability of their little brothers. Upon reentry, they bleed off so much heat their thermal signature is referred to as ringing the doorbell. Stealth is not their forte, they use many components in common with the other dropships in the inventory. As a result they are very reasonably priced considering their capabilities. They are still the preferred method for marine platoon extraction. The marines use assault capsules to deploy and these beasts' arrival mean its time to go home. They can also be called upon for direct fire support. The plasma gun will demolish any enemy ground vehicles arrayed against them. Its power requirements drain the agile from the design. Their hull armor is sufficient against most ground fire but is less helpful against fire from enemy capital ships. Smaller fleet vessels typically carry this design's little brother the 20 dton TC02 Grave Endeavor class Dropship.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type UI class Combat Transport Smallcraft
- Aekguthand class Assault Cutter
- Assault Lander class Marine Gig
- Coeus class Assault Pinnace
- Gallant class Assault Shuttle
- Great Eastern class Troop Transport
- K'Bam class Assault Lander
- Kihrvak Platoon Drop Ship class Marine Cutter
- K'Slice class Attacker Tender
- Lowalaa class Assault Cutter
- Mal'Gnar class Assault Skiff
- Nirvana class Modular Dropship
- Paulos class Troop Transport
- Raptor class Combat Lander
- Slicer class Assault Shuttle
- Steffern class Assault Lander
- Sturmge class Assault Shuttle
- TC02 Grave Endeavor class Dropship
- TC04 Valkyrie class Dropship
- Type-1112 class Landing Boat
- Ziigusna class Military Pinnace
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science