Gallant class Assault Shuttle
|Gallant class Assault Shuttle|
|Type: UIS Gunship|
|Also see||Combat Transport|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr104.550 (base)|
|Passengers||30 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ade Alagoric Stewart|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Gallant class Assault Shuttle is a combat smallcraft.
- It is a Military Ship and a Gunship.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The Assault Shuttle is a solid, reliable vessel designed to transport troops and supplies into dangerous areas. Similar designs have been in use from the time the Distant Fringe was first settled.
- The vessel is a TL-11 design.
- A side view of a Gallant class Assault Shuttle smallcraft.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) when necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||This Assault Shuttle is constructed using an 80 dTon hull built in a generally wedge-shaped configuration. The hull is fully streamlined and has airfoil surfaces, giving improved atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.|
|2.||Crew|| Total Crew Complement: 2
|3.||Performance|| The vessel mounts a Maneuver-5 drive and a Power Plant-8, giving performance of 5-G acceleration and producing 6.4 Energy Points. The ship has an agility rating of 5. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient to give the power plant approximately 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics||The cockpit area contains x2 acceleration couches and control equipment. The vessel is fitted with a Model/2 Computer: no backup computer is installed.|
|6.||Armament||x1 mixed triple turret holding x2 Beam Lasers and x1 Missile Rack.|
|7.||Defenses|| The hull is plated, braced and structurally reinforced, with an armor rating of 6.
|8.||Craft||The vessel carries no subcraft.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 6.4 dTons.|
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr104.550.
|11.||Construction Time|| 32 weeks (8.5 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Cargo capacity amounts to 4 dTons.|
An ubiquitous design used throughout the Distant Fringe, the Assault Shuttle is durable and reliable. The design is representative and a large number of variants exist, particularly with regard to the allotted weapons systems, onboard electronics, and the fit out of internal spaces.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Individual vessels are generally named by their crews.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Spacefarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type PG class Gunship
- Gallant class Assault Shuttle
- Type U class Auxiliary
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science