A Week is a unit of time.
An Imperial week (a "standard week") is a frequently used unit of time. It is used to overcome difficulties caused by having non-uniform local times on each world and system.
- It is equal to 168 standard hours, or 7 standard days
- The common Imperial abbreviation is wk.
The week remains an important concept within interstellar cultures because it closely corresponds with the average amount of time a starship spends within jumpspace when performing a FTL jump.
Other cultures have different names for a week but all correspond closely with jumpspace transit.
History & Background (Dossier)
The standard week was defined as a unit of time on Terra prior to the foundation of the Terran Confederation. Technologists found the week useful as the concept of the Technology Level and standardized ideas about sophont society development began to take form.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. MegaTraveller (Game Designers Workshop, 1987)
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. Fire, Fusion, & Steel (Game Designers Workshop, 1993), 5.
- David Golden, Guy Garnett. Fire, Fusion & Steel (Imperium Games, 1997), 7.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science