Hatchet class Light Corvette
|Hatchet class Light Corvette|
Unpublished, non-canon fan design.
|Type: ECE Close Escort|
|Hull Configuration||[[Wedge Hull]]|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Year Operational||No information yet available.|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Architect fee||Ade Stewart|
|Quick Ship Profile||No information yet available.|
|Canon||Published, non-canon design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using Book 5 High Guard|
- It is a Paramilitary Ship and a Warship.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
A generic class of small warship, the Light Corvette is an escort vessel frequently encountered along Star Lanes within the Distant Fringe region. It is classified as a Close Escort and is constructed as a conventional design. Similar designs have been in use from the time the Distant Fringe was first settled.
- The vessel is a TL-11 design.
- A side view of a Hatchet class Light Corvette.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten craft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|1.||Tonnage||The Hatchet class is constructed using a 1,000 dTon hull built in a generally wedge-shaped configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, giving good atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.|
There are 30 Staterooms.
There are 6 Low Berths, primarily used for emergency medical purposes.
|3.||Performance||The vessel mounts a DeVoss-type Jump-2 drive, a Maneuver-4 drive, and a Power Plant-4, giving performance of Jump-2, 4-G acceleration, and producing 40 Energy Points. The ship has an agility rating of 2 and an emergency agility of 4. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for two Jump-2s and gives the power plant 6 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics||Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/4 Computer: the vessel has a backup Model/4 Computer.
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for a Light Corvette is:|
|7.||Defenses||The hull is plated and structurally reinforced, with an armor rating of 8.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 240 dTons.|
|10.||Cost||The basic cost of the vessel is MCr1008.709.|
|11.||Construction Time||120 weeks (30 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 10 dTons.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
The class are nicknamed "axeheads" due to their upright wedge-shaped configuration.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type EC class Close Escort
- Athune class Close Escort
- Breaker class Corvette
- Bunker class Close Escort
- Convoyer class Close Escort
- Cozzi class Corvette
- Durt class Escort Corvette
- Egek'aa class Corvette
- Emerald class Escort Corvette
- Eradicator class Escort Corvette
- Esqua class Escort Corvette
- Gazelle class Close Escort
- Gem class Close Escort
- Grisha class Corvette
- Hatchet class Light Corvette
- Hopkins class Escort Corvette
- Javelin class Escort Corvette
- Jimenez class Escort Corvette
- KE8 Blockade class Lancer
- KE9 Unleashed class Escort Corvette
- Kotaka class Escort Corvette
- Lancer class Corvette
- Malcolm class Corvette
- Mongoose class Close Escort
- Patrol class Close Escort
- Qatan class Escort Corvette
- Risa class Close Escort
- Shalis class Patrol Corvette
- Sieno class Close Escort
- Sii'kha class Escort Corvette
- Stalwart class Corvette
- Sultanhisar class Escort Corvette
- TC9 Forgald class Escort Corvette
- Toad SR7T class Yacht / Warsloop
- Type CE class Close Escort
- Type EC class Corvette
- Vaward class Close Escort
- Wasinki class Corvette
- Wyvern class Escort Corvette
- Xebec class Explorer
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|