(Redirected from Hanger)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The hanger is generally accessed by large doors or hatches.
- It generally has independent life support and environmental systems.
- A hanger may have an associated office and Machine Shop.
No information yet available.
Ship Launch & Recovery
- Vehicles (such as Air/Rafts) may have dedicated hangers or may be stored within the ship's cargo hold.
- Some hull configurations (...such as dispersed structures) make internal hangers superfluous. However, it is not uncommon for such designs may make use of subhulls and pods to create sealed, pressurized hanger space.
- Those hulls typically use External Cradles.
Many smaller ships carry utility smallcraft that are housed in hangers that closely match their shape and dimensions.