- An engineer is a member of a ship's crew
- An individual must be qualified (skilled) to perform the role.
Any ship with tonnage 200 Tons or more must have at least one engineer. If there is more than one engineer, then the most skilled (or the oldest) becomes chief engineer with 10% more pay. Ships under 200 Tons and small craft do not require an engineer, although engineering skill may prove useful.
An individual's skill as an Engineer is rated by their Engineering Certificate:
- Level 1 (Qualified)
- Level 2 (Competent)
- Level 3 (Experienced / Expert)
- Level 4 or more (Master)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Book 2 Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977)
- Classic Traveller Book 5 High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980)
- MegaTraveller core books (Game Designers Workshop, 1987)
- The Traveller's Handbook Traveller D20 (QuikLink Interactive, 2002)
- T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science