Canton class Control Cruiser
|Canton class Control Cruiser|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: CH Control Cruiser|
|Hull Configuration||[[TBD Hull]]|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Esaran Cultural Area|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Cost||MCr46,491.970 (base) |
|Also see||Control Cruiser|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
- It is a military ship and a Control Cruiser.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The Canton class Control Cruiser is a specialized warship. The ship has 6 G acceleration, and 3 agility. The ship is capable of jump 2, and carries enough internal fuel for two jumps. The ship has scoops and purification and its fully streamlined airfoil, needle/wedge configuration hull is unarmored. This allows for ocean refueling. They are fitted with model 5 fib computers adjacent to the bridge. They are fitted with 28 days of extra power plant fuel and well as another jump 2 drop tank for increased range when crossing rifts zones. They are fitted with Model/5 fib computers adjacent to the bridge.
The design is fast and agile, and the philosophy carries over into their offensive weapons load. There are no defensive systems carried. It is armed with a factor D particle accelerator spinal mount. It carries three hundred triple missile turrets in thirty batteries, eighty dual plasma gun turrets, and eighty triple beam laser turrets.
These ships have vast wings and are equally comfortable flying as VTOL planes as well as spaceships. They enter the upper atmosphere, scan before landing to deploy their fleet footed hordes of aggressive troopers. As they land to deploy troops, the need for sub craft is dispensed with.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/5 fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
The class was commissioned for the Esaran Cultural Area, in the Halcyon Sector dominated by the Esaran, Sophonts native to Rasand (world) (0717 Halcyon). They strike as a hidden assassin, lurking in a gas giant, waiting for prey. They prefer, one shot, one kill for frail enemy merchant vessels looking to refuel, unsuspecting.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CH class Heavy Cruiser
- Arakoine class Strike Cruiser
- Atlantic class Heavy Cruiser
- Aubaka class Battle Cruiser
- Bastion class Battle Cruiser
- Blake class Heavy Cruiser
- Canton class Control Cruiser
- Chazhdr class Light Cruiser
- Conquest class Heavy Cruiser
- Cynical Son class Battlecruiser
- Dacrows Mire class Battlecruiser
- Dadiat class Heavy Cruiser
- Dauntless class Heavy Cruiser
- Effendi class Heavy Cruiser
- Elaezoe class Cruiser
- Elfen Lied class Heavy Cruiser
- Eurisko class Heavy Cruiser
- Fulcrum class Battlecruiser
- Gateway class Heavy Cruiser
- Gauntlet class Battlecruiser
- Glenaurian class Heavy Cruiser
- Gridlow class Heavy Cruiser
- Halsey Keats class Heavy Cruiser
- Honre class Asteroid Battle Cruiser
- Hu Gi Singh class Battlecruiser
- Iridium Vow class Battlecruiser
- Joker class Battle Cruiser
- Kagori class Battlecruiser
- Kalradin class Battlecruiser
- Kas'Drak class Strike Cruiser
- Kirov class Cruiser
- Mercury class Heavy Cruiser
- Minsk class Heavy Cruiser
- Mongol Risen class Cruiser
- Narmo class Heavy Cruiser
- Neivrdlalh class Heavy Cruiser
- Nightrim class Heavy Cruiser
- Nordica class Battlecruiser
- Normandy class Heavy Cruiser
- Panjiach class Heavy Cruiser
- Planet class Heavy Cruiser
- Pukushik class Cruiser
- Refined class Heavy Cruiser
- Regal class Battlecruiser
- Repulse class Heavy Cruiser
- Rugiceps class Light Cruiser
- Scapa class Heavy Frigate
- Sentinel class Heavy Cruiser
- SH70K class Heavy Cruiser
- Shtiaba class Light Cruiser
- Tash class Heavy Cruiser
- Tliabazhdrinzh class Heavy Cruiser
- Trend class Support Cruiser
- Umbra class Battlecruiser
- Viatoris class Heavy Cruiser
- Vieblazhdr class Heavy Cruiser
- Vonk class Cruiser
- Vrapkenchkinj class Light Battlecruiser
- Windhorst class Heavy Cruiser
- Xing!kir class Light Cruiser
- Xundar class Heavy Cruiser
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|