Mongol Risen class Cruiser
|Mongol Risen class Cruiser|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: CH Cruiser|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr70,894.689 (base)|
|Crew||657 (including 74 Marines)|
|Officers||59 (plus 4 Marine Officers)|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Model||No information yet available.|
|Origin||Sudi Verisian Navy|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 329 Low|
|QSP||No information yet available.|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Mongol Risen class Cruiser is a warship.
- It is a military ship and a Cruiser.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||The Mongol Risen class is constructed using a 72,000 Ton hull built in a Cone configuration. The hull is fully streamlined, giving good atmospheric performance that is further enhanced by its onboard gravitic systems.|
|2.||Crew|| 657 personnel, including 74 Marines.
Accessible areas of the hull are fitted with grav plates and inertial compensators and have full life support and environmental systems.
|3.||Performance|| The vessel mounts a Jump-2 drive, a Maneuver-4 drive, and a Power Plant-5, giving performance of Jump-2 and 4-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 2 and an emergency agility of 4. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-2 and an additional consecutive Jump-1 (an "emergency retreat") and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.
|4.||Electronics|| Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/6fib computer: the vessel has a backup Model/6fib computer.
|5.||Hardpoints|| 720 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for an Mongol Risen class is:
|7.||Defenses||The hull is plated, structurally reinforced, and built with secure bulkheads and compartments that give it a High Guard armor rating of 6.|
|8.||Craft|| Flight Section
The Ship's Boats are housed in a dedicated hanger: the hanger is a sealable compartment with a volume of 234 Tons.
There are 12 Drop Capsule tubes and their associated loading equipment.
|9.||Fuel Treatment|| The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 25,200 Tons.
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr70,894.689
|11.||Construction Time|| 166 weeks (38 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 350 Tons. The cargo hold can be sealed and has independent life support and environmental systems.|
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CH class Heavy Cruiser
- Arakoine class Strike Cruiser
- Atlantic class Heavy Cruiser
- Aubaka class Battle Cruiser
- Bastion class Battle Cruiser
- Blake class Heavy Cruiser
- Canton class Control Cruiser
- Chazhdr class Light Cruiser
- Conquest class Heavy Cruiser
- Cynical Son class Battlecruiser
- Dacrows Mire class Battlecruiser
- Dadiat class Heavy Cruiser
- Dauntless class Heavy Cruiser
- Effendi class Heavy Cruiser
- Elaezoe class Cruiser
- Elfen Lied class Heavy Cruiser
- Eurisko class Heavy Cruiser
- Fulcrum class Battlecruiser
- Gateway class Heavy Cruiser
- Gauntlet class Battlecruiser
- Glenaurian class Heavy Cruiser
- Gridlow class Heavy Cruiser
- Halsey Keats class Heavy Cruiser
- Honre class Asteroid Battle Cruiser
- Hu Gi Singh class Battlecruiser
- Iridium Vow class Battlecruiser
- Joker class Battle Cruiser
- Kagori class Battlecruiser
- Kalradin class Battlecruiser
- Kas'Drak class Strike Cruiser
- Kirov class Cruiser
- Mercury class Heavy Cruiser
- Minsk class Heavy Cruiser
- Mongol Risen class Cruiser
- Narmo class Heavy Cruiser
- Neivrdlalh class Heavy Cruiser
- Nightrim class Heavy Cruiser
- Nordica class Battlecruiser
- Normandy class Heavy Cruiser
- Panjiach class Heavy Cruiser
- Planet class Heavy Cruiser
- Pukushik class Cruiser
- Refined class Heavy Cruiser
- Regal class Battlecruiser
- Repulse class Heavy Cruiser
- Rugiceps class Light Cruiser
- Scapa class Heavy Frigate
- Sentinel class Heavy Cruiser
- SH70K class Heavy Cruiser
- Shtiaba class Light Cruiser
- Tash class Heavy Cruiser
- Tliabazhdrinzh class Heavy Cruiser
- Trend class Support Cruiser
- Umbra class Battlecruiser
- Viatoris class Heavy Cruiser
- Vieblazhdr class Heavy Cruiser
- Vonk class Cruiser
- Vrapkenchkinj class Light Battlecruiser
- Windhorst class Heavy Cruiser
- Xing!kir class Light Cruiser
- Xundar class Heavy Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science