Blake class Heavy Cruiser
|Blake class Heavy Cruiser|
|Type: CH Heavy Cruiser|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr44,423.934 (base)|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Hull||Oreo Pattern Hull|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Fan: Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Blake class Heavy Cruiser is a warship.
The Blake class Heavy Cruiser was designed for service with the Fleets of the Domain of Sylea. The primary weapon is the large Meson Gun spinal mount, giving the vessel a powerful punch. In order to deal with potential critical damage stemming from its lack of hull armor, it carries multiple spare and secondary systems, including a backup Model/9fib computer and an extra nuclear damper and meson screen. The design process was strongly influenced by the former Duke of Oreo Subsector, in Massilia Sector, a keen amateur naval architect and an influential figure in the Imperial court. In compliance with the "Oreo Settlement" the ship carries an Alfred class Gunboat. It also has a pair of 20-Ton Gigs for use in Marine operations.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull|| The Blake class is constructed using a 65,000 Ton "Oreo Pattern" hull built in a Close Structure configuration. The hull is partially streamlined, giving a relatively limited atmospheric performance that is reliant on its onboard gravitic systems.
|2.||Crew|| x632 personnel, including 100 Marines.
|3.||Performance||The vessel mounts a Jump-4 drive, a Maneuver-5 drive, and a Power Plant-10, giving performance of Jump-4 and 5-G acceleration. The ship has an agility rating of 4 and an emergency agility of 5. The internal fuel tankage is sufficient for one Jump-4 and gives the power plant 4 weeks duration.|
|4.||Electronics|| Adjacent to the bridge is a Model/9fib computer: the vessel has a backup Model/9fib computer.
|5.||Hardpoints|| x650 hardpoints.
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for a Blake class is:
|7.||Defenses||The hull is unarmored.|
|8.||Craft|| Flight Section
There are 20 Drop Capsule tubes and their associated loading equipment.
|9.||Fuel Treatment||The vessel has internal fuel tankage of 32,500.0 Tons.|
|10.||Cost|| The basic cost of the vessel is MCr44,423.934
|11.||Construction Time|| 194 weeks (45 months) as standard.
|12.||Comments|| Standard cargo capacity amounts to 17.0 Tons.
The Blake class Heavy Cruiser sees service in Fleets across the Domain of Sylea and beyond. It was designed to be produced in shipyards across the Domain and was intended for general Imperial service, and as such it bore no particular cultural or political influences within its architecture. However, it was designated for service with the 146th Fleet stationed in Oreo Subsector, and consequently the eccentric but influential 14th Duke of Oreo became involved in the project.
The 14th Duke was a direct descendant of the aristocratic Halls families, the pre-Imperial rulers of Oreo Subsector. When the Oreo Worlds, the proto-polity they controlled, was absorbed into the expanding Third Imperium they gained a privilege known as the "Oreo Settlement". This mandated that any vessels that were to serve with the 146th Fleet – the designation given to the former Oreo Worlds flotilla and considered by the 14th Duke to be his "personal Fleet" – must be locally designed and manufactured. The privilege had been granted by Cleon I himself and the Duke insisted that it must be honored.
The demand was utterly impractical and strategically suicidal, and the Navy resisted the proposal, eventually resulting in the direct intervention of the Archduke of the Domain. She ruled that all vessels of the Blake class, no matter where they served, were to carry an Alfred class Gunboat, a small combat craft that was the personal design of the 14th Duke himself. The Alfred was a capable vessel and all parties found the resolution acceptable. The current Duke has maintained his father's policy and as a result many classes of warship operating within the Domain carry at least one Alfred. Some naval officers resent the ongoing Noble influence on naval architecture: others see the broader political benefits that such indulgences can bring.
"Oreo Pattern" hulls are a naval design feature that grew out of the "Oreo Settlement", and which was initially implemented in Oreo Subsector of Massilia Sector for economic reasons following the Civil War. Fundamentally, it is the process of creating hybrid technology ships. Unarmored hulls are locally built at lower tech levels, transported aboard commercial vessels, and fitted out as TL-15 warships at the more advanced shipyards in the region. "Oreo Pattern" starships have proven just as capable as their counterparts originating in other regions of the Imperium and it is now an accepted quirk of warships originating within the Domain of Sylea. 
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CH class Heavy Cruiser
- Arakoine class Strike Cruiser
- Atlantic class Heavy Cruiser
- Aubaka class Battle Cruiser
- Bastion class Battle Cruiser
- Blake class Heavy Cruiser
- Canton class Control Cruiser
- Chazhdr class Light Cruiser
- Conquest class Heavy Cruiser
- Cynical Son class Battlecruiser
- Dacrows Mire class Battlecruiser
- Dadiat class Heavy Cruiser
- Dauntless class Heavy Cruiser
- Effendi class Heavy Cruiser
- Elaezoe class Cruiser
- Elfen Lied class Heavy Cruiser
- Eurisko class Heavy Cruiser
- Fulcrum class Battlecruiser
- Gateway class Heavy Cruiser
- Gauntlet class Battlecruiser
- Glenaurian class Heavy Cruiser
- Gridlow class Heavy Cruiser
- Halsey Keats class Heavy Cruiser
- Honre class Asteroid Battle Cruiser
- Hu Gi Singh class Battlecruiser
- Iridium Vow class Battlecruiser
- Joker class Battle Cruiser
- Kagori class Battlecruiser
- Kalradin class Battlecruiser
- Kas'Drak class Strike Cruiser
- Kirov class Cruiser
- Mercury class Heavy Cruiser
- Minsk class Heavy Cruiser
- Mongol Risen class Cruiser
- Narmo class Heavy Cruiser
- Neivrdlalh class Heavy Cruiser
- Nightrim class Heavy Cruiser
- Nordica class Battlecruiser
- Normandy class Heavy Cruiser
- Panjiach class Heavy Cruiser
- Planet class Heavy Cruiser
- Pukushik class Cruiser
- Refined class Heavy Cruiser
- Regal class Battlecruiser
- Repulse class Heavy Cruiser
- Rugiceps class Light Cruiser
- Scapa class Heavy Frigate
- Sentinel class Heavy Cruiser
- SH70K class Heavy Cruiser
- Shtiaba class Light Cruiser
- Tash class Heavy Cruiser
- Tliabazhdrinzh class Heavy Cruiser
- Trend class Support Cruiser
- Umbra class Battlecruiser
- Viatoris class Heavy Cruiser
- Vieblazhdr class Heavy Cruiser
- Vonk class Cruiser
- Vrapkenchkinj class Light Battlecruiser
- Windhorst class Heavy Cruiser
- Xing!kir class Light Cruiser
- Xundar class Heavy Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science