Xundar class Heavy Cruiser
|Xundar class Heavy Cruiser|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: CH Heavy Cruiser|
|Also see||Heavy Cruiser|
|Architect||Ronald B. Kline, Jr.|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost||MCr62,074.863 in quantity 49,659.89|
|Crew||850 with 300 marines|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Origin||Nexus Fleet Forces|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 8 Low|
|Reference||Ron Kline Design|
|Streamlining||Partially Streamlined Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Xundar class Heavy Cruiser is a heavy warship.
- It is a military ship and a Heavy Cruiser.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
It is partially streamlined and lightly armored. Its maneuver drives develop 3G acceleration for safe close orbits of massive gas giants, while retaining a 2-Agility rating. It carries enough internal fuel for Jump-2 with a Jump-1 reserve. It is fitted with Jump-2 drop tanks for extended range stand off/penetration raids. Equipped with fuel scoops and on board fuel purification it can conduct wilderness gas giant refueling. It carries redundant computers, and screens in the event of critical hits in battle.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:|
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
It was built by Nexus (Ha 1526) (world) for the Nexus Fleet Forces. It contends with enemy incursions into Nexus controlled space and was designed to efficiently destroy the enemy ships of the line, bent on genocide. It is on the cusp of a battlecruiser.
It is intended for task force operations and usually has support ships assigned to it. They have been recently upgraded and refitted by the Nexus Fleet Forces. That was a very lucrative naval contract.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Each vessel within the class is named by the government of the state that produces it. They generally draw on traditional naming protocols and it is not uncommon for a historical class name to be reused.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Starfarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type CH class Heavy Cruiser
- Arakoine class Strike Cruiser
- Atlantic class Heavy Cruiser
- Aubaka class Battle Cruiser
- Bastion class Battle Cruiser
- Blake class Heavy Cruiser
- Canton class Control Cruiser
- Chazhdr class Light Cruiser
- Conquest class Heavy Cruiser
- Cynical Son class Battlecruiser
- Dacrows Mire class Battlecruiser
- Dadiat class Heavy Cruiser
- Dauntless class Heavy Cruiser
- Effendi class Heavy Cruiser
- Elaezoe class Cruiser
- Elfen Lied class Heavy Cruiser
- Eurisko class Heavy Cruiser
- Fulcrum class Battlecruiser
- Gateway class Heavy Cruiser
- Gauntlet class Battlecruiser
- Glenaurian class Heavy Cruiser
- Gridlow class Heavy Cruiser
- Halsey Keats class Heavy Cruiser
- Honre class Asteroid Battle Cruiser
- Hu Gi Singh class Battlecruiser
- Iridium Vow class Battlecruiser
- Joker class Battle Cruiser
- Kagori class Battlecruiser
- Kalradin class Battlecruiser
- Kas'Drak class Strike Cruiser
- Kirov class Cruiser
- Mercury class Heavy Cruiser
- Minsk class Heavy Cruiser
- Mongol Risen class Cruiser
- Narmo class Heavy Cruiser
- Neivrdlalh class Heavy Cruiser
- Nightrim class Heavy Cruiser
- Nordica class Battlecruiser
- Normandy class Heavy Cruiser
- Panjiach class Heavy Cruiser
- Planet class Heavy Cruiser
- Pukushik class Cruiser
- Refined class Heavy Cruiser
- Regal class Battlecruiser
- Repulse class Heavy Cruiser
- Rugiceps class Light Cruiser
- Scapa class Heavy Frigate
- Sentinel class Heavy Cruiser
- SH70K class Heavy Cruiser
- Shtiaba class Light Cruiser
- Tash class Heavy Cruiser
- Tliabazhdrinzh class Heavy Cruiser
- Trend class Support Cruiser
- Umbra class Battlecruiser
- Viatoris class Heavy Cruiser
- Vieblazhdr class Heavy Cruiser
- Vonk class Cruiser
- Vrapkenchkinj class Light Battlecruiser
- Windhorst class Heavy Cruiser
- Xing!kir class Light Cruiser
- Xundar class Heavy Cruiser
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science