Ninz class Scout
|Ninz class Scout|
|Type: SG Scout Vessel|
|Also see||Scout Vessel - Zhodani Navy|
|Canon||Yes. Published, canon starship design.|
|Cost||MCr75.878 in quantity 60.702|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Passengers||5 High/Med 0 Low|
|Reference||Adventure Class Ships Volume 1 TBD.|
|Streamlining||Lifting Body Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard.|
The Ninz class Scout is a recon starship.
- It carries light armament and a defensive suite.
- It ordinarily carries no subcraft nor drones.
- It has a # sophont crew and # marines.
The Ninz-class Scout is an exploratory vessel, uses a 100-ton streamlined hull, and is primarily intended to be operated in times of war by the Zhodani Navy. It is used extensively for patrols, and it has an armored hull to prolong its life in battle.
The Ninz sports the Chiata A/2 jump drive, the Biafrchtev-mA/2 maneuver drive, and the Bonzhtlensh Chezzhdiakl-A power plant, and is capable of Jump-2 and 2-G acceleration. Fuel tankage of 22 tons supports 28 days of operations and one Jump-2. On the bridge is a computer Model/4. There are seven staterooms and no low berths. The ship has a triple turret installed, bearing missile launchers. There is one ship's vehicle: an air/raft. Cargo capacity is 5.0 tons.
This Zhodani Scout Vessel requires a crew of three: pilot/astrogator/engineer, medic if passengers and a gunner if armed. The ship can carry up to five additional personnel, depending on function and other requirements.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/TBD fib computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||No information yet available.|
|8.||Craft / Subcraft||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
|12.||Remarks|| No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SG class Gunned Scout
- Chatl class Leader Scout
- Hunter class Armored Scout
- KE2 Zerp class Battle Scout
- Militia class Military Scout
- Ninz class Scout
- Prata class Attack Scout
- Protective class Scout
- Skela class Attack Scout
- Stayaow class Combat Scout
- Switch Black class Intruder Scout
- Vanguard class Attack Scout
- Wiesbaden class Military Scout
- Wrathful class War Scout
|This article has Metadata|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Jordan Weisman. Adventure Class Ships Volume 1 (FASA, 1982), TBD.
- Frank Chadwick, Dave Nilsen. "Technical Booklet." Brilliant Lances (1994): 40.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science