A Medic is a professional vocation.
- Medics serve as members of a ship's crew
- An individual must have an appropriate qualification (skill) to perform the role.
Ships of 200 Tons or more often have a qualified medic. There must be at least one medic per 120 passengers carried. If there is more than one medic, the most skilled is designated ship's doctor and draws 10% more pay. Non-starships and small craft do not require medics, though they may be carried if desired.
Military ships typically have one medic for every 240 crew members (including ship’s troops) aboard. The medical section should have 30% officers, and 30% petty officers. Personnel are drawn from the medical branch.
An individual serving as a medic must have Medical Certificates:
- Level 1 (Qualified)
- Level 2 (Competent)
- Level 3 (Experienced / Expert)
- Level 4 or more (Master)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Classic Traveller Book 2 Starships (Game Designers Workshop, 1977)
- Classic Traveller Book 5 High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980)
- MegaTraveller core books (Game Designers Workshop, 1987)
- The Traveller's Handbook Traveller D20 (QuikLink Interactive, 2002)
- T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science