Fairmile Model G class Scout
|Fairmile Model G class Scout|
|Type: SI Scout Vessel|
|Hull Configuration||Needle Hull|
|Fuel tank||0 Tons|
|Origin||Principality of Caledon|
|End of Service||Still in active service.|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Canon||Published, fan design|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The Fairmile Model G is a base class of interstellar scout, dispatch boat, gunboat, system defense craft, free trader, and utility craft. Built in immense numbers by the Fairmile Yard Shipbuilding Company on Stirling, in the Principality of Caledon, the "G Boat" is sturdy, reliable and incredibly versatile, has superb atmospheric and vacuum flight characteristics, and is found in immense numbers in the Royal Caledonian Navy, the Royal Caledonian Expeditionary Service, and many merchant and mercenary fleets. It can push 2 Gs and perform Jump-2 traverse.
- There is a wide variety of naval weapon fits depending on the model.
- It typically carries no ship's vehicles although there is the provision for an air/raft.
- It carries four sophonts for crew and no marines.
No information yet available.
General Description & Deck Plans
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||TBD tons.|
|4.||Electronics||Model/TBD fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament||The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|8.||Craft / Drones||TBD|
|11.||Construction Time||TBD months to build, TBD months in quantity.|
Variants: The "G Boat" is available in many variants:
- Gunboat (Model G/A): The Model G/A has two modular turrets, added internal armor and weapons capacity. Intended for short-endurance operation, it has a crew of four - Commander, Pilot/Navigator, Gunner and Engineer.
- Dispatch Boat (Model G/C): Equipped for courier duty, with large message data storage banks, self-defensive armament and space for a crew of 2-3 plus passengers, nearly 450 handle communications duties for the Caledonian Navy - 3/4 of the dispatch boat fleet.
- Diplomatic Courier (Model G/V): The Model G/V is designed to carry diplomats safely and securely on assignments. It is unarmed, has space for a flight crew of 3, and a diplomatic team of 4.
- Scout Vessel (Model G/R): Equipped with a pair of turrets, an extensive sensor fit and space for a crew of 4-6 (and stores to keep them on station for 90 days), the G/R is the backbone of the Royal Caledonian Expeditionary Service's scout force, as well as those of several nearby states and even a few Imperial and Aslan system fleets. Close to 900 serve in the RCES alone.
- Transport/Cargo (Model G/T): A commonly-used Free Trader.
- Yacht (Model G/Y): This version - basically a commercial version of the G/V - is sold commercially, and is a favorite among the pragmatic wealthy, providing quarters for a combination of 8-10 flight crew, guests and family. It's not THE most luxurious yacht available, but it is a great value for the money - and some custom interiors are absolutely stunning.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: No information yet available.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SI class Surveillance Scout
- Alahir class Heavy Scout
- Bay class Surveillance Vessel
- Dienjzhiae class Fleet Intelligence Corvette
- Exocet class Intelligence Cruiser
- Fairmile Model G class Scout
- Keyhole class Observatory Ship
- Lauritson class Picket Ship
- Legion class Picket Boat
- Prince Asan class Scout Leader
- Tripwire class Early Warning Scout
|This article has metadata.|