Sixth Horizon class Fast Far Scout
|Sixth Horizon class Fast Far Scout|
|Type: SVF Fast Far Scout|
|Also see||Scout Vessel|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan starship design.|
|Cargo||4.5 or 1.5 Tons|
|EOS||Still in active service.|
|Manufacturer||Ling Standard Products|
|Marines||10 if Low Berth|
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Streamlining||Lifting Body Hull|
|Starships are designed with the Mongoose Traveller and Traveller5 format, using High Guard.|
The Sixth Horizon class Fast Far Scout is a scouting starship.
- It is a paramilitary ship and a Fast Far Scout.
- It is primarily known as the Dha Gnugh Voudzeur class Fast Far Scout throughout the Vargr Extents in the Arrghoun language.
Sixth Horizon class Fast Far Scout (Type SF class Far Scout).
- Using a 200-ton wedge hull, the Sixth Horizon-class is Type SF. It mounts a jump drive-D, maneuver drive-F, and power plant-F, giving a performance of Jump-4 and 6-G acceleration. Fuel tankage for 96.0 tons supports the power plant and Jump-4 (...additional fuel 96.0 tons). Adjacent to the bridge is a ship computer Model/3 bis fib. There are 4 staterooms and 10 low berths.
- The ship has 2 hard points and # tons allocated to fire control. Installed on the hard points are 2 turrets armed with Particle Beam and/ or Beam Laser.
- There are 0 ship's vehicles: None. Cargo capacity is 4.5 tons. The hull is not streamlined. There are 0.0 tons of waste space. Special features include SIN Sensor.
- The ship requires a crew of 2: Pilot SensOp. The ship can carry 2 passengers and 10 low berth passengers. The ship costs MCr193.75 (...including discounts and fees). It takes 10 months to build and takes 9 months if built in quantity.
- Ship computer image of a stock Vraktagh 6H-class before being reengineered at Lunion (world).
- Old fashioned sketch from a crew of a Sixth Horizon-class vessel.
General Description & Deck Plans
- Partial deck plans for a Sixth Horizon-class vessel.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||200 tons. Lifting Body Wedge Hull|
|3.||Performance / Engineering||Propulsion:|
|4.||Main Section / Electronics||Model/3 bis fib ship computer.|
|6.||Armament / Weaponry|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|8.||Craft / Drones||None|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Yes. Can process 40 tons per hour.|
|11.||Construction Time||10 months to build, 9 months in quantity.|
|12.||Remarks||Standard cargo capacity amounts to 4.5 tons.|
Designed by budding starship architect Senior Scout Gevaudan Cannagrrh from a previous Imperial Far Scout template, this variant class was first launched from Lunion (world) in 1110. Though the Extents Vargr coveted the blueprints he has drafted, contracted Ling Standard Products recorded every phase of the first model to be constructed as the last of the Fifth Frontier War dwindled.
Captained by Gevaudan Cannagrrh, the Sixth Horizon was taken coreward to his home in Gvurrdon Sector. On board were his elder sister, the Dame Qithka Cannagrrh and her attaché Uthka Varzeekh. As the Fast Far Scout passed through Pandrin (world), two Servitor robots designated Vincent and Bob were purchased. The vessel was logged for its first maintenance in Triad (world) as the Extents Vargr traveled coreward toward their home in the Dzen Aeng Kho or Society of Equals.
A related vessel is the Vraktagh 6H class Far Scout
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Vessel Peculiarities: A significant trade agreement exists with business interests on Lunion (world) and a number of these craft were remanufactured and upgraded with advanced ship components by L'Union Navires Royaux.
Class Naming Practice/s: No information yet available.
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type SV class Vargr Scout
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- EXTERNAL LINK: CotI: Sixth Horizon Stats
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Pakkrat
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science