style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Government||Civil service bureaucracy|
|Army Size (BEs)||1000|
|World Trade Number||5.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||53,320|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||8,800,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||114,700|
Lunion is an industrial world with a tainted atmosphere. The system has a population over one billion. This system serves as the capital for the subsector. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Lunion Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Lunion, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the fiefdoms of a count and the Subsector duke. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. The system supports both an Imperial Naval Base and a Scout Base with the additional starship traffic.
Astrography & Planetology
Lunion is a member of the Spinward Main.
Lunion serves as the crossroads of commerce and information to Glisten (Spinward Marches 2036) and beyond, as well as the Border Worlds. As a major trade hub several Megacorporations and numerous smaller companies have offices located in the starport.
Lunion Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Lunion Primary
Primary Main Sequence 0.94 4700 - 5600 0.67 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00847 0.06789 0.65 - 1.06 0.847 8.47 Orbit # * * 3 2 7
History & Background (Dossier)
Lunion's naval base is home to the Imperial 43rd Fleet, and its IISS facilities rival any in the Imperium.
The world contains a significant population of Aslan.
The jointly owned shipyard is the L'Union Navires Royaux, a maker of fine space and starcraft, with wide cooperation and technology agreements with many other corporations including Dzofakael in the Vargr Extents.
Imperial Landed Nobility (N)
Lunion, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estates of three members of the Imperial Nobility, who are charged with overseeing the world.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke.
- Please see: Nobles of Lunion
World Technology Level (TL)
Lunion possesses a Technology Level of TL–13 or TL-D in Hexadecimal Notation.
- Common Communication technologies for this TL include: Holovideo recorders.
- Common Power Generation technologies for this TL include: Miniature super-batteries, prototype collectors, advanced fusion plants.
- Common Transportation technologies for this TL include:
- Land, Water & Air: Personal G-Tubes and advanced gravcraft.
- Space: Advanced interplanetary spacecraft (System Craft).
- FTL: Jump Drive-4.
While the world is rated as TL–14, some of the high tech companies on the world are researching TL–16 theoretical technologies. A major goal of the planetary government is upgrading local infrastructure to the highest TL–15 standards of Imperial Space.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article has metadata.|
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 24-25.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 46. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 92.
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 113,115.
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Gregory P. Lee. Cirque (Greylock Publishing, 2014), 109-114.
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 98-102. (UWP only)
- Tony Jones - The Lunion system - Memory Lapse Megatraveller campaign
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- Subsector capital worlds
- Third Imperium worlds
- Domain of Deneb worlds
- Era: Milieu 1116
- Spinward Main worlds
- Count worlds
- Subsector Duke worlds
- Articles at intermediate completion state
- 43rd Fleet worlds
- Aslan worlds
- Derchon Anomaly Intercept Mission worlds
- Imperial Aslan worlds
- Hkeoihyoa worlds
- Khouwa'oas worlds
- Ling-Standard Products worlds
- L'Union Navires Royaux worlds
- Lunion Shield Worlds worlds
- MainLines worlds
- University of the Marches at Lunion worlds
- Worlds with a X-Boat Station
- T5 Second Survey worlds