A Highport is the orbital or deep space component of a Starport.
- Please see Orbital Complexes for more information.
Library Data Referral Tree
- Highport (Upport)
- Lowport (Downport)
- Starport Authority
- Star Bar
- TAS Holdings
- Travellers' Aid Society
- Travelling Society
- Starport Types
- Not every starport will have a highport.
- However, any starport that lacks a highport will only be able to accommodate craft capable of atmospheric flight and landing. Since many craft lack this capability, it will limit traffic. On the other hand, many space and starcraft carry landers for just such a reason.
Highports often bring new economic traffic and opportunities to a system, but also require considerable cost (upkeep) for maintenance, upgrades and expansion.
- Additionally, Highports requires considerable technical skills to operate and maintain.
- Staff must be trained in Zero-G operations as well as engineering under vacuum conditions.
- For many species, there are a number of health considerations required to live in artificial environments located in a vacuum such as low-gravity-related maladies, breathing mediums, climate control, food production or importation, and many other factors..
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
Highports are located on many worlds with strategic, economic, or worlds of other important value.
World Listing: 1105
Known highports can be found in the following systems and on the following worlds:
- GURPS Traveller: Starports
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science