|Pourne/Tlaiowaha (Trojan Reach 2324)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Pourne is a moderate population fluidic hellworld with over a hundred million, but not yet at a billion sophonts in population size, who are struggling to survive in an inhospitable environment.
- A fluid world has an oceanic geography of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants. Survivors often form intense survival skills and tend to be grim realists.
- It is a Non-Aligned world dominated by human sophonts located in the Tlaiowaha Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector.
- This world has a colony at Asim (TR 2123) (world).
Pournelle is a large, cold, unpleasant world with a corrosive atmosphere of methane and ammonia. Its hydrographics (20%) consist of Ammonia ice-caps at the poles.
Pourne Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Pourne
Primary Main Sequence 1.46 6500 - 7000 5.34 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01414 0.19167 1.84 - 2.99 1.414 14.14 Orbit # * 0 5 4 7 Remarks
History & Background (Dossier)
- Pourne was formerly a member of the Kingdom of Drinax, until the Kingdom was shattered in a war with the Aslan Hierate.
- Pourne hopes to negotiate entry into either the Imperium or the Hierate as equal trading partners.
Pournelle has a population of 931 million, of whom 5 million live in orbiting space colonies. The government is a civil service bureaucracy, In which officials are chosen for their expertise. Thus all officials are the best available, and the ruling council of three is highly efficient. Pournelle's main industries are mining and the construction and export of all manner of electronic items, from computer chips to starships. It is renowned for its well-built space colonies.
Pournelle maintains a large downport with trade and ship repair facilities, but its main star port is at Pournelle Station-1, one of the colonies at the L5 orbit point. The planet has a large (3000 km diameter) moon, Baen, orbiting at 400,000 km distance. There are a total of 30 stations at the L4 and L5 points, all of a similar design, housing the rich members of Pournelle's society.