style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Army Size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||1,730|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||16,000|
Boughene is a fluid world with an oceanic geography of a liquid other than water such as ammonia, methane, hydrocarbons, or other exotic liquids. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. This world contains an archaeological site with artifacts suspected to be from the now-vanished Ancients. This is a high technology world with available technology over the standards for Charted Space. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Regina Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Boughene, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
Astrography & Planetology
Boughene is a nexus for the X-boat network in the subsector.
Boughene Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Boughene
Primary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks None
Komesh is the name of the gas giant in this system.
History & Background (Dossier)
All of Boughene's population lives on a space station in orbit around it; no one actually lives on the surface, although a few work there extracting valuable chemical compounds from primitive exotic lifeforms.
The station used to belong to General Products, but in 822 a cabal of local company executives engineered the sale of the station to themselves and applied to the Imperium for membership. GP eventually accepted the new situation and still has its corporate headquarters here, taking up a significant portion of the highport.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 20-21.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Marc Miller. MegaTraveller 1: The Zhodani Conspiracy (Paragon Software, 1990), .
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 38. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 80.
- Hans Rancke-Madsen. "Worlds Within Jump-6 of Regina", JTAS Online (July 18, 2006)
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 103. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .S
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 40-45. (UWP only)
- Gareth Hanrahan. Secrets of the Ancients (Mongoose Publishing, 2010), 253.Gareth Hanrahan. Secrets of the Ancients (Mongoose Publishing, 2021), 253.
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- Worlds with an Ancient Site
- Third Imperium worlds
- Domain of Deneb worlds
- Era: Milieu 1116
- Articles at intermediate completion state
- Duplicate citations
- Ancients Site worlds
- General Products worlds
- Highport worlds
- Humaniti worlds
- Orbital Facility
- Worlds with a X-Boat Station
- T5 Second Survey worlds