Hans Rancke-Madsen was a prolific Traveller author, contributor, and fan.
Hans Rancke-Madsen was born on August 4th, 1956 in Copenhagen, Denmark. One day, while he was visiting a friend in England, the friend gave him a little black box containing three little black books. For many years thereafter, he visited England once or twice a year and never failed to visit Games Workshop and pick up some new Traveller publications. Eventually Denmark became civilized enough that his Friendly Local Comics Shop also began selling roleplaying stuff, enabling him to get his fix locally. The Internet enabled him to help playtest GURPS Traveller books and write articles for JTAS Online.
- October 13, 2015: I have just been informed by a mutual friend that Hans has died, at the far-too-young age of 58. Knowing that he was active here (and being an old Traveller enthusiast myself), I thought I'd share this information with the users of this site. Rest in peace, Hans.
- - Peter Ravn Rasmussen
This person has the following external links available: This person has the following external links available:
- EXTERNAL LINK: [RPG Geek Entry]
- EXTERNAL LINK: [IMDB Entry]
- EXTERNAL LINK: [SJG Forum Annoucement]
- EXTERNAL LINK: [Goodreads Entry]
- EXTERNAL LINK: [Comic Book Database]
Library Data Entries (Public)
He is co-author of GURPS Traveller: Sword Worlds, has playtested all but a few of the GT books, and has several 'additional material by' credits.
- Hans was a very frequent poster on numerous forums and ran several Traveller campaigns.
- He was known for his irascible and very likeable character once you got to know him.
Traveller RPG Wiki Participation
This person often participated at the wiki.
- His work at the Traveller RPG Wiki was foundational and he created a number of ingenious solutions to canon conflicts and other such anomalous, tricky serpents.
Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products)
This person has authored, contributed, playtested, or otherwise participated in the publication of the following products:
|Books by this Author|