Domain of Deneb
|Domain of Deneb|
|Other Control||Aslan Hierate|
- Overall Imperial control is about 2 sectors worth of planets, also making it one of the smallest Domains (more than Gateway and similar in size to Antares).
- The trailing part of the Reft Sector is administered by the Domain of Vland, as it is physically separated by the rift.
This domain was the most recently created (589) and awarded (1117). In the gap between creation (589) and award (1114) the title Archduke was not awarded, and the position itself lay vacant. In the absence of a person, there nonetheless arose a bureaucracy to administer essential administrative services, headquartered at Deneb. That bureaucracy wielded great power within its specific administrative offices.
- Aslan Colonies are a major part of Trojan Reaches Sector, and there are many non-Imperial worlds there, and in the Spinward Marches Sector.
The following archdukes have administered this domain throughout the history of the Third Imperium:
- Archduke Norris (Norris Aella Aledon)
The following defines the Heraldry of the Domain Of Deneb:
- Colors: Or (Heraldic name for Gold) and Sable (Heraldic name for Black)
- Blazon: Per Bend wavy, Or and sable, between four mullets of four counterchanged in representative position of the worlds Deneb, Mora, Pax Rulin and Tobia. Over all, an Imperial Starburst voided counterchanged.
- The Starburst for The Imperium (Voided per official Heraldic instruction the Imperial Starburst is not defined by its color)
- Or for the Iridium Throne and Imperial Family
- Sable for the space representing the edge of the Empire
- The "wavy" line division: specifies the frontier edge
- The four Major worlds, one each of the sectors within the Domain
Major Historical Events Timeline
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this area:
- 589: Creation of the Domain of Deneb
- 1114:Appointment of the first Archduke
- 1132:Regency of Deneb replaces the Domain of Deneb
Worlds & Cosmology (Astrography)
The shape of section of the Great Rift passing through this section of Imperial territory in Deneb and parts of Vland, appears like a talon, or Claw, giving rise to the nickname "The Claw" to this part of the rift and giving rise to term "Behind the Claw" when referring to these regions of the Imperium.
This domain encompasses locations from the following sectors:
- Deneb Sector: 334 worlds
- Reft Sector: 038 worlds (Partial administration)
- Spinward Marches Sector: 272 worlds
- Trojan Reach Sector: 148 worlds
- Total: 792 worlds
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|