- In this case, it is usually a deficiency of stars without bodies.
- Please also see AAB article: Stellar Density
Void regions, "Devoid of systems" provide barriers to interstellar travel, sometimes there is a high-jump route across a void, with stepping-stone systems along the path. Voids are usually part of the galactic spiral pattern. Examples near the Imperium include the Great Rift to spinward, The Windhorn in the Vargr Extents, and the Lesser Rift, trailing and coreward of the Imperium.
- The Imperium controls some systems on the other side of the Great Rift, most of the Domain of Deneb. This is usually accessed by a narrow set of systems in the Corridor Sector (but see note on jump bridges). Because the shape of this territory resembles somewhat a claw the Domain of Deneb is alluded to as Behind the Claw.
- The Two Thousand Worlds maintain a group of systems on the other side of the Lesser Rift, accessible only by a Jump-4 route, in the Gn'hk'r Sector.
- The Aslan Hierate control many groups of systems on the other side of the Great Rift, accessible only by a Jump-5 route, in the Trojan Reaches, and The Beyond Sectors.
- A few such regions have had jump bridges constructed to enable passage, either being refueled by the sponsoring polity or mining what ice can be found locally (which limits the amount of fuel produced, and thus amount of supportable traffic). Examples include Chandler Station and Riftspan Station which allow Jump-4 transit across Reft Sector, and VoidBridge 1 which supports the Jump-3 Cheaters' Route.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|