Aster (SM 1739) (world)
style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Government||Company or Corporation|
|Law Level||No law|
|Army Size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||3|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Aster is a water world with 90% or more of its surface covered in an ocean of water. The system has a population between 10,000 and 10 million, lacking the industrial base to be completely self-supporting. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Glisten Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Aster, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world.
Astrography & Planetology
Approximately 99% of the planet's surface is covered with ice, though there is just enough temperature variation to allow for isolated melting, especially at the equator.
Aster Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Aster primary
Primary Main Sequence 0.5052 2900 - 3700 0.048 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00514 0.01817 0.17 - 0.28 0.514 5.14 Orbit # * * 0 1 6
IISS GURPS Astrographics Survey
1739 Aster (Imperial)
Starport: Class III.
Diameter: 8,017 miles (12,800 km).
Atmosphere: Standard oxygen-nitrogen.
Control Level: 0.
Tech Level: 9.
World Trade Number: 3.
History & Background (Dossier)
Glisten Mineralogical operates a test mine at the north pole. All of Aster's human population is clustered around the mine in a small enclave.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 26-27.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 50-51. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 95.
- Hans Rancke-Madsen, "The Outrim Frontier." JTAS Online (June 19, 2007)
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 114. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Aster (Avenger Enterprises, 2009), 2-6.
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 128-132. (UWP only)
- Rob Dean - The Zhodani Base
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com