Water Worlds are often biological treasure houses of aquatic lifeforms and a rich variety of life. If a sophontic society has adequate technology, such worlds can be rich markets full of resources, both mineral, foodstuff, and organic.
|TC Water World Series (Water) (IISS Scout Handbook, pgs. 490-491)|
|Ice World||Ic||Any||01||123456789A||--||--||--||World with much of its water in ice form.|
|Average Water World||None||Any||--||123456789||--||--||--||World not completely covered in water.|
|Water World||Wa||56789||--||A||--||--||--||World covered in water. Average depth oceans.|
|Ocean World||Oc||ABC||--||A||--||--||--||Panthallasic world. Deep water oceans.|
Probably Planetary Orbit & Climate
|World Placement by Zone (IISS Scout Handbook, pgs. 490-491)|
|(← starward) Habitable Zone / HZ] (staraway →)|
|TC||Inner (-)||HZ-2||HZ-1||HZ||HZ+1||HZ+2||Outer (+)||Remote & Far Systems||Remarks|
|Wa||-||-||Unlikely||Yes||Unlikely||-||-||-||Water Worlds are almost always found within the HZ.|
|Oc||-||-||Unlikely||Yes||Unlikely||-||-||-||Ocean Worlds are almost always found within the HZ.|
|Planetary Orbit & Climate|
|Wa||HZ (+/-)||Conventional Life||Tp, Tr, Tu||None|
|Oc||HZ (+/-)||Conventional Life||Tp, Tr, Tu||None|
Water Worlds are among the most easily inhabitable worlds for conventional life sophonts. Even relatively low tech spacefarers can make the most of the typical water world. Thus such worlds are highly desirable.
The biodiversity of such worlds is known for being rich. Many sorts of organic resources can be found on such worlds.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), TBD.Marc Miller, Robert Eaglestone, Don McKinney. Worlds and Adventures (Far Future Enterprises, 2019), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Scouts (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- EXTERNAL LINK: Beowolf's Libary Data Website (defunct)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science