An Asteroid Belt World is a belt, which is the primary world or mainworld in the system. It is a producer of raw materials and semi-finished goods, especially ores, metals, and minerals.
Asteroid Belt: A series of small fragments (size less than 1) orbiting a star and considered a mainworld. When inhabited, they are called worldlets.
Probably Planetary Orbit & Climate
History & Background (Dossier)
Asteroid belts are prime locations for the mining of resources, and specialized deep space miners called belters are known to dwell and work in within these locations.
Asteroids vs. Planetoids!
Asteroid and Planetoid Belts: The terms asteroid and planetoid are effectively synonymous; they mean small or minor planets. Each term refers to a belt of many similar small planets in orbit around the central star.
References & Contributors (Sources)
||This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), TBD.Marc Miller, Robert Eaglestone, Don McKinney. Worlds and Adventures (Far Future Enterprises, 2019), TBD.
- Marc Miller. Scouts (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), TBD.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), TBD.
- External Link: Beowolf's Libary Data Website dead link
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science