(300-420): First Survey, an astrographic and demographic survey of the Third Imperium.
The first comprehensive astrographic and demographic survey of the Imperium, performed by the Imperial Interstellar Scout Service.
No information yet available.
History & Background (Dossier)
The First Grand Survey was initiated by Empress Porfiria in 300.
- Imperial Scouts surveying the Julian Protectorate sparked rumors of another war, but this never came to pass.
- Despite low-level interference on the part of the Star Legion, the worlds of the Protectorate were eventually cataloged to Class II standards - a fairly detailed IISS level - by the end of the survey.
Major Historical Events Timeline
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this event:
- (300): The First Grand Survey was initiated by Empress Porfiria.
- (399): An ancient Ziru Sirka installation on Mamatava was reconfigured by the IISS into a storage site for First Survey data: Mamatava herself was renamed Reference (Core 0140).
- (420): The 120-year long First Survey was closed out, when the IISS officially released its findings to the public.
References & Contributors (Sources)
||This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.