|Primary||F6 V M1 V|
|Army Size (BEs)||1200|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||21,417|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||190,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||50,500|
Equus is a water world with a world wide ocean and an environment suited to sophonts. The system supports a population between 100 million and one billion sophonts. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Lanth Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Equus, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdom of a viscount. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel. 10% of the world's population is the Uplifted Race Dolphin.
|Army Size (BEs)||1200|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||57,886|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||342,000|
|Port passengers (annual)||4,500|
Era: New Era
Equus is a water world with a world wide ocean and an environment suited to sophonts. The system supports a population between 100 million and one billion sophonts. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Lanth Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. This world contains a Regency Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel. 10% of the world's population is the Uplifted Race Dolphin.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
- The land mass of this planet is almost all swamp or steep mountains rising straight from the oceans.
Binary Solar System
Equus Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Equus
Primary Main Sequence 1.248 6000 - 6700 3.042 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01234 0.14467 1.39 - 2.26 1.234 12.34 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Equus
Secondary Main Sequence 0.4574 2600 - 3500 0.033 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00475 0.01516 0.15 - 0.24 0.475 4.75 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks
History & Background (Dossier)
The population lives in underwater cities reached by submarine from the Downport atop Mount Bellis. In addition to Equus Startown, other major settlements on Equus include Gummifish, Ulir City, Kerouac, and Kagasisli. The locals make their living by seabed mining and fish-farming. Equus contains a small population of uplifted dolphins that assist the human inhabitants in herding the fish schools.
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1010
- -1500 to -1450: Probable sighting of planet and initial colonization of SM2714 by sublight colonist ships. During this period, the system was named because it was the closest binary system (~52 ly) in the Terran constellation "Equuleus." The binary system was called "Equus-Bovine," the horse and cow. The name stuck since it is believed that the first colonists were from Sol-Terra.
- -420: The first Sword World colonists leave Terra.
- -389: Sword World colonists contact "colonists" of Equus. Some remain. Tursiops galacti (Dolphins) introduced to Equus eco-system. They establish a colony on Equus which eventually reaches 200,000 in population.
- -102: Equus sends a contingent of support to Gram during the Sword Worlds Rebellion.
- 60: The Imperial Senate is established at Mora. "The Mora Moot."
- 525: Equus established representatives at the Mora Moot.
- 624: X-boat stations are established throughout the Imperium.
- 700: Equus receives its X-boat station and begins communicating with the Imperium.
- 758: Myteria-Seru Tragedy - Undersea colony floods, killing 1.5 millions. Report published three years later, thus helping undersea colonial technology and thereby increasing the populations of all Imperial worlds with sea-based colonists.
- 829: The War of the Princes - factions supported by several trader families go to war. Initially, a trade war ensued. This eventually led to bloodshed when certain factions could not come to grips with the economic realities of the situation, namely bankruptcy. To stop bankruptcy from happening, one family began to eliminate the leadership of each faction. Slowly, each faction began to lose control over its share of the markets and profits.
- One family, Familia Santiago, remained solvent and gained the upper hand, eventually eliminating all competition. Famila Santiago named itself as the ruler of Equus, and so started the tradition of the Trade Dictators.
- 979: Third Frontier War begins. Equus sends volunteer battalions to Inthe. These battalions are loaded into the 154th Battle Rider Squadron ships as part of the Imperial army's Colonial Contingent.
- 986: Battle of Porozlo - the 154th BRS assists. Equus Volunteer Battalions lose 80% of their effectives during the orbital assault. Veterans return to Equus with honors. Some veterans supposedly joined the 4518th Lift Infantry Regiment. Normally Wet Navy Marines, the Equus Volunteers were not familiar with land tactics and suffered the consequences.
- 986: Third Frontier War ends. Colony established on Melfred by veterans of the Battle for Porozlo. Transport provided by Imperial Navy/Army.
- 998: Solomani exiles arrive at Equus and settle on Equus and Melfred.
- 1010: Rugerio Family become the feudal overlords of Equus.