Gregory P. Lee
Gregory P. Lee was a middle-aged lawyer and Traveller author.
- Unfortunately, Greg passed away in April 2017 CE.
- This talented and accomplished gentlesophont can be found on the Wall of Heroes.
Born in 1961, Mr. Lee has been a science fiction aficionado for most of his life. He has done some fiction writing, but also detoured into the ugly world of family law to handle expenses such as eating and other minor needs. He is married to his second wife, accepts his indentured servitude to several cats, and bicycles when the weather is kinder. He has three grown children, two of whom serve in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Traveller's Gregory P. Lee, the author of Lee's Guide to Interstellar Adventure and Cirque (book) passed away on Sunday, 16 April 2017. He will be missed.
This person has the following external links available:
- EXTERNAL LINK: Greylock Publishing dead link
Library Data Entries (Public)
- Cirque (book)
- Cirque des Sirkas
- Cirque duh Sirka Foundation, LIC
- Cirque: The Usual Suspects
- Clan Severn Shipyards
- Democractic Government in Exile of Rabwhar
- Express Boat
- Grav Caps
- Greylock Publishing
- House Kirgashii
- Imperial Nobility
- Lee's Guide to Interstellar Adventure
- Message Box
- Regina (world)
- Relict Regeneration
- Rhylanor (world)
- Rhylanor Institute of Technology
- Seventeen Day Democracy
No information yet available.
Mr. Lee authored and mostly managed and laid out "Cirque," a Spinward Marches campaign taking place after the Fifth Frontier War.
- "Cirque" includes vessels designed to T5 standards by Rob Eaglestone, characters by Craig A. Glesner, and art by Tim Osborne. Deck plans and maps were completed by Mr. Lee using Campaign Cartographer/Cosmographer.
- Principal author of Lee's Guide to Interstellar Adventure (Gamelords 1982) and several articles of the same title in later publications.
- Mr. Lee has also published Books 1, 2, and N+1 in The Laughing Lip books.
- Author of Cirque, a Spinward Marches campaign sourcebook set after the Fifth Frontier War. Including updated information, plans, maps, and interactions with the powers and polities of Classic Traveller, the sourcebook nonetheless follows a simple concept: the best reward in a Traveller adventure is getting out alive.
- Author of Cirque: The Usual Suspects, A Tale of the Spinward Marches, to be published by FFE in a Kickstarter expected in Spring, 2017, which did not occur.
Greg was an irascible character and a true Traveller fan who never hesitated to inject his own opinions into a discussion or, just as likely, an argument. He was an impressive person who overcame numerous life challenges. He was one of the few Trav authors who spanned the majority of Traveller's versions and editions, having come in as a published author on the Classic Traveller floor and made his way all of the way to T5. He championed many of the ideas that were published in the T5 Core Rules, was an active member of the Inner Circle, helped to put the Ursa on the map, was a member of the HIWG, and was close to publishing his own Traveller novel before he left this world (…FFE hopes to publish his novel in the near future, rather than the far one). Whatever Greg was or wasn't, Greg was a true Traveller with the Traveller Gene, and he'll be missed by many. Rest in Peace, Greg.
Traveller RPG Wiki Participation
This person occasionally participates at the wiki, with an annoying habit of demanding citations for statements set forth.
- Yet, he is surprisingly negligent in providing his own citations.
- Greg often used the wiki for research and his comments can be found on the discussion page of many an article.
- Greg often had a very nuanced view of Traveller and rejected many Trav setting details and storyline plots from later editions of Trav. He was never shy about expressing such opinions.
Bibliography-Ludography (Published Products)
This person has authored, contributed, playtested, or otherwise participated in the publication of the following products: Lee's Guide, Cirque, general Traveller material, Galaxiad Setting, Imperiallines, and The Laughing Lip (non-Traveller) books (All Shall Go to Wrack, Demand the Debt That's Owing, and Long-Remembering Harpers).
|Books by this Author|