|Primary||K8 V M8 V|
|Army Size (BEs)||120|
|World Trade Number||5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||22,280|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||919,999|
|Port passengers (annual)||95,800|
Adabicci had a tainted atmosphere and limited access to surface water, making it poorly suited to sophont habitation. The system has a population in the hundreds of millions, and suited to being a industrial worlds. This world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Lunion Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Adabicci, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the feifdoms of a marquis and a viscount. All three are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
|Army Size (BEs)||1000|
|World Trade Number||5.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||207,587|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,494,999|
|Port passengers (annual)||1,073,400|
Era: New Era
Adabicci is a industrial, high-population hellworld with a billion or more sophonts, who struggle in an inhospitable environment.
- Hellworlds often offer daily, and sometimes even hourly, life-threatening situations to their inhabitants. Survivors often form intense survival skills and tend to be grim realists.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item. It is a member of Regency of Deneb in the Lunion Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector. This world has a nearby Regency Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
Adabicci has a very cold climate with a standard oxygen-nitrogen atmosphere, tainted by airborne fungus spores.
- Adabicci is located on the Spinward Main with an X-Boat Station linking to (Lunion and Biter), as well as an Al Morai route. Given its favorable location, as well as being a major naval base, Adabicci sees a great deal of off world trade. Much of the world's wealth is generated by its status as a market world.
Binary Solar System
Adabicci Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Adabicci
Primary Main Sequence 0.5214 3000 - 3800 0.056 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00517 0.01963 0.19 - 0.31 0.517 5.17 Orbit # * * 0 1 6 Remarks Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Adabicci
Secondary Main Sequence 0.244 1900 - 2500 0.003 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00224 0.00415 0.04 - 0.06 0.224 2.24 Orbit # * * * 0 5 Remarks
The main world of the Adabicci System, Furenet, is a dry stone ball with a tainted atmosphere. The taint is a remnant of a religious ritual during which large amounts of a local wood variety were burnt. Although the ritual was only practiced for ten years, the result was a permanent taint in the atmosphere. The problem comes less from the ash and dust still floating in the air, but more from biological pollutants bound in the tree's resin. Otherwise, the place is quite green and healthy. Imperial geneering took care of pollution related problems concerning fauna and flora.
- A local legend tells of a "Wise Lizard" which, centuries ago, imparted the locals with their current belief system. Recent evidence suggests that this Wise Lizard may have been a wayward Ithklur.
- Gravity: 0.7; Orbit 1 ('O'); Base Mean Temp: 310.3 K (37 C)
- Adabicci's starport is largely orbital, with only basic ground facilities (ground facilities are equal only to a C-class port). The port offers all Imperial Standard services, but notably lacks any flavor imparted by the people or culture of Adabicci.
- The entire system is considered water-scarce, and the planet occupying the Primary's habitable zone (orbit 0) is no exception. At mean temperatures high enough to boil what water is present, the world attracts very little attention.
- The one major body of water is wide and shallow, and very salty. The native species of fish are all adapted to these conditions, and with one exception are all poisonous to humaniti. The one edible species has a long history of near-deification among the people of Adabicci, including an annual display of captured examples used in a ritual divination rite/fish-fry.
- The atmospheric taint has largely to do with the blowing sands of this world, and the poisonous elements often found in those sands. Under certain weather conditions the deserts have been known to produce "killer fogs" that can, if blown across a settled area, kill hundreds.
History & Background (Dossier)
Home to a Dynastic Theocracy with a recent penchant for bloody transitions of power from one generation to the next. The most recent event was in 1124, complete with riots, action between two factions of the military, and intervention by the Imperial Navy. Only a small portion of Adabicci's population is at all cosmopolitan with regards to the Imperial starfaring culture.
- The populace of Adabicci is a very devout one. This is reflected in the great temples they built - and tore down - in obedience to their faiths. Likewise, their governments are always theocracies. Over many centuries, new sects have sprung up, gained root and revigorated the old beliefs. Over time, there were religious dictatorships, councils of world religions, oligarchies of church elders and more.
- The hot equatorial zone is home to a heretical society (from the ruler’s point of view) that prefers to be left alone. Skirmishes between them and the planetary military are not uncommon, and the Heretics are increasingly better armed in recent years.
According to official statistics, about 94% of the planet's population are adherents of the One Faith. Of these, another 86% belong to the True Church, while the rest put their faith in splinter sects of various types. This high number of believers in Hegemon Takovley and his True Church is a result of the Hegemon's suppression of by means of missionaries, bureaucratic hurdles and sometimes even force.
Recently, a group comprised of all 'free religions' have started to wage a terrorist war against the Unified World Council of Adabicci and its leader, Hegemon Takovley. The Imperial Navy, which has a base insystem, is none to happy about this. Commodore Aarunkeliish, commander of Adabicci Base, has urged all parties to join into peace talks. He was successful but didn't count in the fervor of local beliefs. After the peace summit Takovley 'excommunicated' the delegates of the Free Faiths, making them free targets for any believer in the True Church. A mob stoned the delegates on their way home. Widespread street fighting between the followers of different religions followed. In retaliation, Templars of the True Faith clamped down on all resistance in Church-held provinces. Additionally, Takovley pressured many other provinces to do the same.
Path of High Resistance
The situation is continually deteriorating as demonstrators clash daily with government forces. The system's Imperial representative, Marquis Ninslev, was repeatedly called to the Duchess' Palace, to no avail. Ninslev, himself a high-ranking member of the True Church, seems unable and unmotivated to put an end to this burgeoning civil war. Instead, his coffers swell with confiscated goods.
- Residence of the Duke of Adabicci, and the site of an important Naval Base. In 1107 the Duke played an significant part in discouraging Sword World military activities. A sculpture to commemorate the 168-1107 raid on Bronze stands prominently in the entrance courtyard of the downport Naval Base.
- The Naval presence in this system is largely limited to the one gas giant. The social structures on Adabicci do not lend themselves well to standard Naval shore leave, so the Navy generally grants leave in other systems. The Navy is present largely as a deterrent to the Sword Worlds, and for backing up the occupation of the Border Worlds by the Imperium.