style="width: 220px; height: 250px;"
Jump map from Travellermap.com 
|Army Size (BEs)||1|
|World Trade Number||4|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||2,002|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||1,800|
|Port passengers (annual)||16,500|
Dinomn is an agricultural world with an ideal environment for producing food from plants, animals, or other forms. The system has a population between 100,000 and 10 million sophonts. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Lanth Subsector of Spinward Marches Sector and in the Domain of Deneb. Dinomn, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight and the fiefdom of a baron. Both are members of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. This world contains an Imperial Scout Base, capable of handling Scout Service starships and personnel.
Astrography & Planetology
Dinomn's one major settlement is a city of the same name as the planet.
Note: The high CO2 content of Dinomn's atmosphere, while making it an agricultural paradise, require precautions for exposed travellers such as a filter mask or a regime of blood-acidity pills. The process of protecting offworlders to the taint is rather unpleasant, whether through acclimatization or the use of drugs. Most visitors do not alight from the starport, and conduct their business by teleconferences.
Dinomn Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dinomn
Primary Main Sequence 0.871 4300 - 5300 0.52 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00846 0.05981 0.57 - 0.93 0.846 8.46 Orbit # * * 2 2 7
History & Background (Dossier)
Dinomn is a Lost Colony, rediscovered and contacted in 498 after surviving the Long Night. Many ruins of the world before its decline can be seen around the planet. A fraction of the population survived the Long Night by concentrating solely on survival to the detriment of all other sensibilities. The Dinomnites are a hardy people who do not tolerate anything they see as frippery and merely decorative. Off-worlders and colonists are lumped into a single category of 'The Abandoners.'
Dinomn is government by a council made up of members of The Thousand, direct descendants of the approximately 1000 souls to survive the world's decline. Those who are not from pure blood stock of these surviving families have no say in the governance of the world.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches (Game Designers Workshop, 1979), 22-23.
- Marc Miller. Twilight's Peak (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 11.
- Marc Miller. The Spinward Marches Campaign (Game Designers Workshop, 1985), 18-19.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 94-100. (UWP only)
- Rob Caswell. "Domain of Deneb: Sector Data." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): 47-58. (UWP only)
- Dave Nilsen. The Regency Sourcebook (Game Designers Workshop, 1995), 42. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty, Neil Frier. Behind the Claw (Steve Jackson Games, 1998), 86.
- Hans Rancke-Madsen. "Worlds Within Jump-6 of Regina", JTAS Online (July 18, 2006)
- Mike West. The Spinward States (Avenger Enterprises, 2008), 104. (UWP only)
- Martin Dougherty. The Spinward Marches (Mongoose Publishing, 2008), .
- Martin Dougherty. Behind the Claw (Mongoose Publishing, 2019), 67-72. (UWP only)
- Chris Slee - Across the Spinward Main Campaign
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com