|Caraz/Pax Rulin (Trojan Reach 2306)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||F7 V M5 V|
- The surface of this world is ice-capped with nearly all of its water frozen.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- This is a "Puzzle" world designated as an Amber Zone. Caution is advised since the world has an environment, laws, customs, life forms, or other conditions that are not well understood and might be a danger to a visitor.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Pax Rulin Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector in the Domain of Deneb.
- This world has a nearby Imperial Naval Base, capable of handling warships.
- This world was named Garral in the past.
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Caraz Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Caraz
Primary Main Sequence 1.196 5800 - 6500 2.584 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01165 0.13333 1.28 - 2.08 1.165 11.65 Orbit # * 0 4 3 7 Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Caraz
Secondary Main Sequence 0.331 2000 - 2900 0.007 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00333 0.00694 0.07 - 0.11 0.333 3.33 Orbit # * * * 1 5
History & Background
- The system is a member of the Imperium and the system contains a Naval Base.
- A new Class-A Starport is under construction.
- The system has been issued an Amber Zone travel advisory.
Caraz was originally built as a refueling station for the flood of Vilani ships fleeing the Vargr wars of the –2100s, and was the only Vilani colony in the subsector that survived while the others died out. The Caraz system had no lanthanum reserves and could not build its own jump-capable ships.
- This forced the colonists to become exceedingly resourceful, precise, calculating, and efficient in order to exploit their resource-limited system.
- These traits are still deeply ingrained in the culture, even with membership in the Imperium and the recovery of jump drive.
- The rulers of Caraz are the all-powerful Actuaries who decide on the value of things.
The most common language of the masses of Caraz is an isolated derivative of Old High Vilani and while those speaking Standard Vilani may be able to read the language, listening to it spoken is hard (at best).