|Cordillon/Sindal (Trojan Reach 2411)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
Cordillon is a poor, low-population world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in population size.
- This poor world is struggling to establish itself and living conditions in many areas are rudimentary.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Sindal Subsector of Trojan Reach Sector in the Domain of Deneb.
No information yet available.
Cordillon Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Cordillon Primary
Primary Main Sequence 0.774 3800 - 4800 0.352 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00781 0.04921 0.47 - 0.77 0.781 7.81 Orbit # * * 2 2 7
History & Background (Dossier)
Cordillon (alternate spelling: Cordillion) is a poor, low-population Imperial world located in the Sindal Subsector of the Trojan Reach. Cordillon is currently subject to significant terraforming by nearby Albe (Trojan Reach 2211).
Cordillion is a small empty world on the fringe of the Imperium. Until recently it was deemed unnecessary and unsuitable for colonization and remained uninhabited. However, in the neighboring system of Albe, population pressures have caused famine, crime, and over-crowding to became unmanageable. To help solve the problem, Albe's government has commissioned Shape of Earth, LIC to terraform Cordillon and make it suitable for colonization, thus relieving Albe of its population problems.
In the three years since the terraforming project began, Cordillon has gained a very thin atmosphere and 10% hydrographics. Its rotational velocity has been increased to 43 hours, and its newly built-up electromagnetic field now filters out a large percentage of its sun's harmful radiation. Because its spin is still relatively slow however, the planet's temperature changes from a warm 30°C during the day to an icy -40°C at night. As yet there is no plant or animal life on Cordillon and most of its surface is still a rocky wasteland.
Five bases have been set up on the planet's surface to monitor the asteroid falls and operate the starport. They control the terraforming operation and maintain facilities for the asteroid movers. The world's main starport is type C, and is located at Base 1. The other four bases have star ports of type D.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- Mike Jackson. "Out of the Egg." Third Imperium 01 (1986): 8,10.
- Gareth Hanrahan. Aslan (Mongoose Publishing, 2009), .
- Matthew Sprange. "Cordillon, Bold new world." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society volume 3 (2019): .
- ↑ "Jump Map API" and map location from Travellermap.com
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Mike Jackson. "Out of the Egg." Third Imperium 01 (1986): 10.