Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Respirator is a small compressor and face mask which allows an individual to breathe in thin or very thin atmospheres. It is powered by a belt mounted battery pack good for 10 hours, and a small hand cranked generator to recharge the battery.
Variants include a simple canister of pure oxygen which is trickled into a mask to supplant local oxygen content. These are slightly lighter (.7kg) and much quieter, but cannot be recharged as the compressor type can. They require replacement cylinders per 10 hours of use at a mass of .4kg and cost of 50Cr. This latter type is used where mass is an important consideration, and long-term use of the system is not needed.
This list of sources was used by the Traveller Wiki Editorial Team and individual contributors to compose this article. Copyrighted material is used under license from Far Future Enterprises or by permission of the author. The page history lists all of the contributions.
- Marc Miller. Worlds and Adventures (Game Designers Workshop, 1977), 17.
- Marc Miller. Imperial Encyclopedia (Game Designers Workshop, 1987), 63.
- Greg Porter. Central Supply Catalog (Imperium Games, 1996), 13,21.
- Martin Dougherty, Hunter Gordon. The Traveller's Handbook (QuikLink Interactive, 2002), 213.
- Martin Dougherty. Guns, Gadgets and Gear (Avenger Enterprises, 2007), 51.
- Marc Miller. T5 Core Rules (Far Future Enterprises, 2013), 632.
- Matthew Sprange. Core Rule Book (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), 114.
- Matthew Sprange. Central Supply Catalogue (Mongoose Publishing, 2016), 41.