|Dalsgaard/Kerr (Massilia 0706)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
|Primary||F1 V M8 V|
Dalsgaard is a low-population garden world with a population of less than 10,000 sophonts in population size.
- It is a garden world with a near-ideal, utopian environment conducive to most forms of sophontic life.
- Both the population and economy of this world are expected to grow in the near future barring outside forces.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- This is a temperate world, with a climate of pleasant, average temperatures, considered to be an ideal or near-ideal environment by many different sophont species.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Kerr Subsector of Massilia Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
- During the Long Night this world was named Yabean.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
The Dalsgaard system is centered on the binary stars Haafein, a white main sequence, and Udorikh, a tiny red dwarf. The pair orbit a common center of gravity at a mean separation of 103 million km. Each star retains a sparse planetoid belt orbiting starting at approximately 30 million km; both belts are believed to be the remains of worlds shattered by tidal stresses. The system contains four planets and a total of three large satellites. Dalsgaard is the second world out from the two stars orbiting at a mean distance of 413.8 million km.
- It retains two moons, Fidora and Shemmani.
- Dalsgaard is geologically active, has a higher than average density, and has a surface gravity of 0.765G. It retains a dense nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere with a sea-level pressure of 2.36 bar. Over seventy percent of it surface is covered in oceans of liquid water: a single large continent covers the north pole. Surface temperatures average around 29°C. There is native life.
Binary Solar System
Dalsgaard Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dalsgaard
Primary Main Sequence 1.62 6700 - 7300 7.18 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.01526 0.22225 2.13 - 3.47 1.526 15.26 Orbit # * 0 5 4 8 Remarks "Haafein" Star Name Hierarchy Category Mass (Sol) Temp (K) Luminosity (Sol) Dalsgaard
Secondary Main Sequence 0.244 1900 - 2500 0.003 Unit Diameter Min Distance Hab Zone Jump Shadow M-Drive Limit AU 0.00224 0.00415 0.04 - 0.06 0.224 2.24 Orbit # * * * 0 5 Remarks "Udorikh"
History & Background (Dossier)
- Dalsgaard is a member of the Imperium.
- In the 400s Dalsgaard was designated an Imperial Reserve to preserve its resources for future exploitation.
- A class B orbital starport was constructed in the mid 900s, and by the end of the fist millennium a few mining contracts were awarded to local companies.
- A small surface starport is being planned.