|No. of Worlds||496|
|Majority Control||Imperial - 97%|
|Secondary Control||Non-Aligned - 3%|
|Domain||Domain of Ilelish |
|Gross Sector Product||BCr1,871,182|
|Imperial Coordinate||-1 / -1|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
Zarushagar Sector, while a core sector, isn't a vibrant, bustling area of high business and politics.
- It is something of a back water and a place that traders often pass through rather than stop at its important destinations.
- It is best known for the presence of one of the terminuses of the Great Rift and a significant Imperial Navy presence. The rift is a natural barrier to trade and military action from rimward space.
Zarushagar, while not being a highly populated or terribly rich place, is nevertheless a very vibrant sector full of interesting locations to visit.
- It has a moderate number of native sophont civilizations (NILs) and many scholars come and go studying these intelligent species and their interesting cultures and technologies.
- It is well noted for the Darmine, a Minor Human Race, with a vibrant trading culture that has left its mark on the area.
- The Darmine have long been oppressed by the Third Imperium and many suspect that such resentment will one day lead to rebellion.
- Zarushagar is also a major Imperial Navy stronghold with the important tasking of managing Aslan Ihatei invasions.
- The local fleets often train against hypothetical Solomani and Hierate Aslan opponents.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Zarushagar Sector Names|
|Third Imperium||Zarushagar||Third Imperium|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
Linguistic Topography: 1105
The following languages are among the most commonly used within this astrographic region:
Zarushagar Sector lies upon relatively short paths from both Core, Vland, and the Solomani Rim, making it a crossroads for conquerors of which a number have passed through this system at various points in history, generally leaving behind vast swathes of destruction and misery.
- Native civilizations have subjugated by such conquerors for millenia, whether the Vilani, Terrans, or Syleans.
- Most of the local cultures have a strong wariness of strangers after such long experience.
Native Sophonts: 1105
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
- Non-Human Races
General Overview: No information yet available.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
No information yet available.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
- (0): Third Imperium Founded
- (76 to 120): Pacification Campaigns
- (76): Ilelish Pacification Campaign
- (90): The first of the worlds of the Duchy of Oasis join the Third Imperium.
- (234): The Duchy of Oasis joins the Third Imperium.
- (??): Imperial Civil War
- (1057): Ishag Revolt
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
The Vilani once united the sector's many disparate elements into a single, governed whole under the Ziru Sirka, and the Terrans did the same under the Rule of Man. And the Third Imperium was no different, fists of iron and heavy-handed methods led to an interstellar community in Zarushagar Sector with little to no trust in higher authorities.
- Local communities often form independent societies and trade coalitions in response to these experiences.
- There is little record of many of the smaller pocket empires that once dotted the area before Vilani subjugation and after the Long Night but many once existed and the local worlds have not forgotten their once independent origins.
- The Duchy of Oasis and the Darmine Corporate are two such hold-outs against the Imperial steamroller.
- Much of the sector looks to those entities or their successors for indications where the political winds will blow.
Polity Listing: 1105
- Independent Powers (Pocket Empires)
- Third Imperium (Imperial powers)
Polity Descriptions: 1105
Here are several synopses of the polities found in this sector:
- Alleg: CsIm: "Client State, Third Imperium"
- Alleg: ImDi: "Third Imperium, Domain of Ilelish"
- Alleg: NaHu: "Non-Aligned, Human-dominated"
Imperial Territory: 1105
This is an Imperial core sector.
- This sector is noted for the Darmine Cultural Region.
- 97.00% is controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 3.00% is controlled by non-Imperial powers.
Imperial Duchies & Districts: 1105
- Duchy of Darmine (? worlds)
- Various counties
- Duchy of Khipge (? worlds)
- Various counties
- Duchy of Liasdi (? worlds)
- Various counties
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
With so many well-travelled trade routes, especially greater mains, in the area, much business travels through Zarushagar. Many industrial planets and starports have been developed to capture some of this wealth. And yet, very little of the prosperity associated with this trade seems to remain in the area. Many very bright Zarushagarii citizens have been investigating researching this very phenomenon. The local sector duke and much of the landed nobility are also involved. A major campaign to "Buy Zarushagarii" is well advertised throughout the region. Escorts are still needed for merchants within the sector as pirates are known to hole up in secret bases out in the Great Rift. Naval patrols have been searching the area for centuries trying to find every small asteroid, nebula base, and plantesimal with a secretive pirate base to little avail.
Mains, Branches & Arms
- Ilelish Trail
- Greater Massilia Main
- Khipge Line
- Liasdi Main
- Massilia Spur
- The Network
- Rhamsteppe-Mongrebi Access
- Rimward Link
- Sylean Main
- Vilani Run
Clusters & Traces
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
All the right elements exist in Zarushagar Sector to build a thriving and very prosperous community and yet it has never occurred.
- Some blame outsiders and conquerors while others look within.
- Whatever the result, Zarushagar has always seemed to fall short of its potential.
The capital or capitals of this area is/are located at:
Sector Summary: 1105
The Zarushagar sector has 496 worlds with an estimated population of 356 billion, a per capita income of Cr5,443, and a total economy is BCr1,937,871. These worlds originate an interstellar trade of BCr74,167 through 456 starports (76 Class A, 286 Class B, 51 Class C, 43 Class D) employing 12,305,165 people. Driving this interstellar trade are 94 Agricultural (Ag) worlds, 64 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds, 46 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, 55 Pre-Industrial (Pi) worlds, 36 Rich (Ri) worlds, and 20 Industrial (In) worlds. The governments in Zarushagar maintain 113 Naval bases, 53 Scout bases, three Way stations, and one Naval depot. The average technology level is 10 (with most between 8 and 12). The highest technology level is 15 at Sternbach (Zarushagar 1410), Mystic (Zarushagar 2501), Nbheji (Zarushagar 3119), Perigrad (Zarushagar 0422), Siiskig (Zarushagar 1223), and Lianma (Zarushagar 1727).
The Zarushagar sector contains 696 stars and 5,256 identified planets; 314 monostellar systems, 164 binary systems, 18 trinary systems, and no systems with four or more stars. 431 of the 496 systems (86%) have native gas giants. There are 13 Asteroid (As) belts, 21 Desert (De) worlds, 63 Garden (Ga) worlds, ten Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 95 Poor (Po) worlds, 77 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and ten Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds.
Zarushagar has an estimated population of 356 billion distributed across 33 High population (Hi) worlds, 50 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 230 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 123 Low population (Lo) worlds, and one Barren (Ba) world. The highest population worlds are Irap (Zarushagar 2630), Numdaag (Zarushagar 0112), Gishin (Zarushagar 0804), Udiid (Zarushagar 2335), Khipge (Zarushagar 0914), and Adni (Zarushagar 2330). The population consists of 14 sophont groups including nine native sophonts.
|14 identified sophont populations in Zarushagar|
Third Imperium, Domain of Ilelish
The Third Imperium, Domain of Ilelish has jurisdiction over 481 worlds with an estimated population of 347 billion, a per capita income of Cr5,390, and a total economy is BCr1,870,457. These worlds originate an interstellar trade of BCr74,061 through 442 starports (73 Class A, 276 Class B, 51 Class C, 42 Class D) employing 12,287,845 people. Driving this interstellar trade are 92 Agricultural (Ag) worlds, 64 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds, 43 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, 53 Pre-Industrial (Pi) worlds, 34 Rich (Ri) worlds, and 18 Industrial (In) worlds. The governments in Third Imperium, Domain of Ilelish maintain 111 Naval bases, 53 Scout bases, three Way stations, and one Naval depot. The average technology level is 10 (with most between 8 and 12). The highest technology level is 15 at Sternbach (Zarushagar 1410), Mystic (Zarushagar 2501), Nbheji (Zarushagar 3119), Perigrad (Zarushagar 0422), Siiskig (Zarushagar 1223), and Lianma (Zarushagar 1727).
The Third Imperium, Domain of Ilelish has an estimated population of 347 billion distributed across 31 High population (Hi) worlds, 47 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 225 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 119 Low population (Lo) worlds, and one Barren (Ba) world. The highest population worlds are Irap (Zarushagar 2630), Numdaag (Zarushagar 0112), Gishin (Zarushagar 0804), Udiid (Zarushagar 2335), Khipge (Zarushagar 0914), and Adni (Zarushagar 2330). The population consists of 13 sophont groups including nine native sophonts.
|Third Imperium, Domain of Ilelish capitals|
Client state, Third Imperium
World Listing: 1105
Subsector Listing: 1105
- Subsector A: Ibaru Subsector
- Subsector B: Triton Subsector
- Subsector C: Lagaar Subsector
- Subsector D: Lode Subsector
- Subsector E: Iimii Subsector
- Subsector F: Khipge Subsector
- Subsector G: Epshu Subsector
- Subsector H: Gaussi Subsector
- Subsector I: Mizar Subsector
- Subsector J: Liasdi Subsector
- Subsector K: Wolf Subsector
- Subsector L: Oasis Subsector
- Subsector M: Void (Za M) Subsector
- Subsector N: Allegro Subsector
- Subsector O: Rhamsteppe Subsector
- Subsector P: Mongrabi Subsector
Territorial Overview: 1105
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
|This article has metadata.|