Solomani Rim Sector
|Solomani Rim Sector|
|No. of Worlds||410|
|Majority Control||Third Imperium - 77.5%|
|Secondary Control||Solomani Confederation - 22.5%|
|Domain||Domain of Sol |
|Gross Sector Product||BCr15,647,087|
|Imperial Coordinate||+0 / -3|
|This sector has a trade map|
|This sector has economic data|
|This sector has sector data|
|This sector has a climate file|
|This sector has sector data|
- The humans of Terra, a world in this sector, have dominated interstellar history for the past three thousand years, and their racial name, "Solomani", is applied to the sector.
- The rest of the sector name comes from its position on the edge of the Third Imperium closest to the galactic rim.
While not very diverse in terms of sophont species, the area is fantastically rich in culture and material wealth with thousands of years of active history. Conquerors have crossed this astrographic region since the time of the First Imperium, the Ziru Sirka.
This sector has been known by different names to different groups over its existence including the following:
|Solomani Rim Sector Names|
|Third Imperium||Solomani Rim||Third Imperium|
|Aslan||Solomani Rim||Aslan Hierate|
|Droyne||Unknown||Droyne Oytrip Yatroy|
|Hiver||Solomani Rim||Hive Federation|
|K'kree||Unknown||Two Thousand Worlds|
|Solomani||Solomani Rim||Solomani Confederation|
|Vargr||Solomani Rim||Vargr Extents|
|Zhodani||Solomani Rim||Zhodani Consulate|
Linguistic Topography: 1105
The following languages are among the most commonly encountered within this astrographic region:
The Solomani Rim is a highly civilized area with a long history spanning several millennia.
- The Vegans are among the best known of the indigenous sophont species, having long been caught between opposing factions. Vegan society is still rebuilding and recovering from the collateral damage from the more recent Solomani Rim War.
- In more recent millennia, the Terrans moved in a number of Terragens species, including the Dolphins. Some believe that many more undiscovered Terragens lifeforms may be hidden on the many worlds of the Rim.
The following races (sophont species) are believed to have originated within this area:
Significant populations of the following races (sophont species) reside within this area:
Demographics Table: 1105
Significant populations of the following sophont races exist within this area:
Significant Sophont Demographics
(Populations 250+ million)
Race Population Type Remarks Humaniti* 1,499.9 billion Major Race (Various) Humaniti is the dominant species on the many thousands of worlds within the Third Imperium and while most humans are of Solomani, Vilani, or mixed ancestry, literally dozens of other races and sub-species of humans exist: Minor Human Races, Human Chimerae, Variant Races, ethnic groups, and nearly every other possibility imaginable. Humans are a prolific species and can be found in large numbers throughout vast tracts of both the Third Imperium and Charted Space. Vegans 0154.8 billion Non-Human Race The Vegans are a strange human-like race of arid, low-gravity, near-vacuum desert-dwellers. Their communal culture with its distinctive tuhuirs has long baffled human observers. Their society and space empire has long been a crossroads and pawn between larger major races. Aslan 0002.7 billion Major Race
- Imperial Aslan
The Aslan are a young and powerful race, united in spirit, but not in temporal power. Their often quarreling empire, the Aslan Hierate lies rimward and many Aslan have settled in the Solomani Rim, along both sides of the border. While most Aslan in the region are Imperial citizens, there are populations and enclaves of non-Imperial Aslan in residence. Dolphins 0001.7 billion Non-Human Race Dolphins, an aquatic species and variant race from Terra, were brought by the Solomani to interstellar space. They have prospered ever since and their keen astrogational skills are in high demand. Gurungans 0000.4 billion Non-Human Race The Gurungans are a pseudo-octopoidal race of aquatic hexapods, who strongly value their privacy after an initial period of exploitation by outside species. Their homeworld and colonies are largely under imperial stewardship and controls. While largely insular and isolationist, an increasing number of Gurungans have been engaging in interstellar trade and even intercultural exchanges, especially with other aquatic species with whom environmental accommodations are more easily managed.
Notes: The Solomani Rim Sector has a population of more than 1.66 trillion individuals:
- 42% Imperial Human citizens of the Third Imperium
- 21% Solomani Human citizens of the Solomani Confederation
- 31% Vegans of the Vegan Autonomous District
- 06% Other minor races residing in previously mentioned polities
General Overview: No information yet available.
History-Era: Mileu 1100
No information yet available.
Major Historical Events Timeline: 1116
These are some of the more important historical events that have affected this sector:
Politics & Diplomacy (Interstellar Relations)
The Solomani Rim is a highly civilized area with a long history, and a population of more than 1.66 trillion individuals under the control of three major interstellar governments:
- The Third Imperium rules the majority of the sector, primarily as a result of the of its occupation following the Solomani Rim War.
- The Vegan Autonomous District, an area within Imperial-dominated territory, is a nominally independent region which acknowledges ultimate authority of the Third Imperium.
- The Solomani Confederation governs the rest of the sector.
Polity Listing: 1105
The following polities can be found within this sector:
- Other Powers
- Solomani Confederation (Solomani powers)
- Third Imperium (Imperial powers)
Polity Descriptions: 1105
- Alleg: ImDs: "Third Imperium, Domain of Sol"
- Alleg: ImVd: "Third Imperium, Vegan Autonomous District"
- Alleg: NaHu: "Non-Aligned, Human-dominated"
- Alleg: SoCf: "Solomani Confederation"
Imperial Territory: 1105
This is an Imperial frontier area.
- This territory was conquered by the Third Imperium from the Solomani Confederation during the Solomani Rim War.
- The Imperial portion of this sector is administered from the Domain of Sol.
- 77.50% controlled by the Third Imperium.
- 22.50% is controlled by non-Imperial powers.
Imperial Duchies & Districts:
The Imperial part of the Marches is divided into several duchies and districts:
Trade Routes (Economic Astrography)
Mains, Branches & Arms
Clusters & Traces
- Aquitaine Cluster
- Azaremiid Cluster
- Near Boötes Cluster
- Scandia Cluster
- Shulimik Cluster
- Wulfe Pack
- Yrsai Hook
Rifts, Voids & Jump Bridges
Other Astrographic Features
- Balkanized Space
- Imperial Space
- Sociographic Data
- Trade Routes
Worlds, Systems & Sectors (Political Astrography)
- There are many rich clusters and traces of resource-laden systems and worlds.
- Which were unfortunately very difficult to reach before the advent of FTL star travel due to the presence of many rifts and mini rifts between those rich worlds.
- There are several sophont species in the sector, but many of these species were killed or went extinct due to the xenophobic excesses of local powers.
- All in all, the Rim is an astrographic region rich in opportunity and adventure.
- It is an area of medium to high stellar density.
- The Imperial sector capital is at Dingir (Solomani Rim 1222).
- The Solomani sector capital is at TBD.
Sector Summary: 1105
The Solomani Rim sector has 400 worlds with an estimated population of 1,659 billion, a per capita income of Cr9,436, and a total economy is BCr15,655,348. These worlds originate an interstellar trade of BCr378,902 through 379 starports (199 Class A, 88 Class B, 77 Class C, 15 Class D) employing 59,121,595 people. Driving this interstellar trade are 33 Agricultural (Ag) worlds, 56 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds, 26 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, 64 Pre-Industrial (Pi) worlds, 27 Rich (Ri) worlds, and 28 Industrial (In) worlds. The governments in Solomani Rim maintain 55 Naval bases, 16 Military bases, nine Scout bases, nine Way stations, and one Naval depot. The average technology level is 11 (with most between 8 and 14). The highest technology level is 15 at Easter (Solomani Rim 1802), Khiirshag (Solomani Rim 2010), Aosta (Solomani Rim 2902), Karpaty (Solomani Rim 3001), Shululsish (Solomani Rim 0214), and Yrsai (Solomani Rim 0511).
The Solomani Rim sector contains 585 stars and 4,437 identified planets; 235 monostellar systems, 149 binary systems, 14 trinary systems, and two systems with four or more stars. 326 of the 400 systems (81%) have native gas giants. There are 23 Asteroid (As) belts, ten Desert (De) worlds, 31 Garden (Ga) worlds, 19 Ice-capped (Ic) worlds, 68 Poor (Po) worlds, 42 Vacuum (Va) worlds, and 31 Water (Wa) or Ocean (Oc) worlds.
Solomani Rim has an estimated population of 1,659 billion distributed across 125 High population (Hi) worlds, 79 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 85 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 38 Low population (Lo) worlds, and seven Barren (Ba) worlds. The highest population worlds are Azaremiid (Solomani Rim 1405), Aosta (Solomani Rim 2902), Sebasta (Solomani Rim 0923), Kidashi (Solomani Rim 0528), Twylo (Solomani Rim 1034), and Muan Gwi (Solomani Rim 1717). The population consists of 8 sophont groups including four native sophonts.
|8 identified sophont populations in Solomani Rim|
Third Imperium, Vegan Autonomous District
The Third Imperium, Vegan Autonomous District has jurisdiction over 311 worlds with an estimated population of 1,390 billion, a per capita income of Cr9,906, and a total economy is BCr13,770,406. These worlds originate an interstellar trade of BCr347,119 through 296 starports (156 Class A, 70 Class B, 61 Class C, 9 Class D) employing 54,468,145 people. Driving this interstellar trade are 25 Agricultural (Ag) worlds, 46 Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds, 17 Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, 52 Pre-Industrial (Pi) worlds, 21 Rich (Ri) worlds, and 24 Industrial (In) worlds. The governments in Third Imperium, Vegan Autonomous District maintain 39 Naval bases, nine Scout bases, nine Way stations, and one Naval depot. The average technology level is 11 (with most between 8 and 14). The highest technology level is 15 at Easter (Solomani Rim 1802), Khiirshag (Solomani Rim 2010), Aosta (Solomani Rim 2902), Karpaty (Solomani Rim 3001), Shululsish (Solomani Rim 0214), and Yrsai (Solomani Rim 0511).
The Third Imperium, Vegan Autonomous District has an estimated population of 1,390 billion distributed across 100 High population (Hi) worlds, 62 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 63 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, 27 Low population (Lo) worlds, and five Barren (Ba) worlds. The highest population worlds are Azaremiid (Solomani Rim 1405), Aosta (Solomani Rim 2902), Sebasta (Solomani Rim 0923), Kidashi (Solomani Rim 0528), Muan Gwi (Solomani Rim 1717), and Ganesh (Solomani Rim 2518). The population consists of 7 sophont groups including three native sophonts.
|Third Imperium, Vegan Autonomous District capitals|
The Solomani Confederation has jurisdiction over 88 worlds with an estimated population of 269 billion, a per capita income of Cr7,007, and a total economy is BCr1,884,942. These worlds originate an interstellar trade of BCr31,783 through 82 starports (43 Class A, 18 Class B, 16 Class C, 5 Class D) employing 4,653,450 people. Driving this interstellar trade are eight Agricultural (Ag) worlds, ten Non-Agricultural (Na) worlds, nine Pre-Agricultural (Pa) worlds, 12 Pre-Industrial (Pi) worlds, six Rich (Ri) worlds, and four Industrial (In) worlds. The governments in Solomani Confederation maintain 16 Naval bases, and 16 Military bases. The average technology level is 11 (with most between 8 and 13). The highest technology level is 14 at Thalassa (Solomani Rim 0833), Twylo (Solomani Rim 1034), Mirabilis (Solomani Rim 1332), Sequoyah (Solomani Rim 1337), Teucer (Solomani Rim 1435), and Saxe (Solomani Rim 1437).
The Solomani Confederation has an estimated population of 269 billion distributed across 25 High population (Hi) worlds, 17 Moderate population (Ph) worlds, 22 Non-industrial (Ni) worlds, ten Low population (Lo) worlds, and two Barren (Ba) worlds. The highest population worlds are Twylo (Solomani Rim 1034), Kukulcan (Solomani Rim 2835), Polyphemus (Solomani Rim 1537), and Saxe (Solomani Rim 1437). The population consists of 3 sophont groups including one native sophont.
|Solomani Confederation capitals|
World Listing: 1105
- That makes 400 worlds in Solomani Rim Sector proper plus 10 worlds from Terra (system) for a total of 410 worlds.
- Plus 2 non-canon worlds for a total of 412 worlds.
Terran System Planets:
- Asteroid Belt (SR 1827) (world)
- Jupiter (world)
- Luna (world)
- Mars (world)
- Mercury (SR 1827) (world)
- Neptune (world)
- Pluto (world)
- Saturn (world)
- Uranus (world)
- Venus (world)
Subsector Listing: 1105
- Subsector A: Ultima Subsector
- Subsector B: Suleiman Subsector
- Subsector C: Concord Subsector
- Subsector D: Harlequin Subsector
- Subsector E: Alderamin Subsector
- Subsector F: Esperance Subsector
- Subsector G: Vega Subsector
- Subsector H: Banasdan Subsector
- Subsector I: Albadawi Subsector
- Subsector J: Dingir Subsector
- Subsector K: Sol Subsector
- Subsector L: Arcturus Subsector
- Subsector M: Jardin Subsector
- Subsector N: Capella Subsector
- Subsector O: Gemini Subsector
- Subsector P: Kukulkan Subsector
Territorial Overview: 1105
The following table details the subsectors within this area:
- No information yet available.
Territorial Chart Key
No information yet available.
|This article has metadata.|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|