Homo sapiens ilelishii
|Status||Minor Human Race|
|Languages||Unknown Native Language|
|Homeworld location||Ilelish (Ilelish 2907)|
|Primary Star||M0 V|
|Reference||Interstellar Wars 86-87,145.|
The Suerrat are a technologically sophisticated sophont species.
- 1 Description (Specifications)
- 2 History & Background (Dossier)
- 3 Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
- 4 References & Contributors (Sources)
The Suerrat are a minor human race transplanted to Ilelish (Ilelish 2907) by the Ancients. The Suerrat claim to be a Major Race as they independently developed interstellar travel. However this was based on generation ships, not jump technology, so the claim is not generally accepted by other races.
No information yet available.
Biology: Anatomy & Physiology
The Suerrat exhibit several genetic traits that are dormant in Solomani or Vilani, producing what many Solomani think of as "ape-like" features. They are small but heavy for their size, very broad across the chest, and quite muscular. Their feet are slightly prehensile and Suerrat shoes are soft and mitten-like. On the right surfaces they are likely to go barefoot. They are comfortable with a much lower light level than a Solomani would be. Their retinas are more sensitive, their eyes are larger, and their pupils larger still.
The Suerrat grow a coat of fur over most of their bodies, missing only on their palms, soles, and from the neck up. This fur is usually red and quite long. Curiously, they cannot grow facial hair. Suerrat don't have more hair than Solomani, it's just that Solomani "fur" is much finer and shorter than Suerrat fur.
- Bilateral symmetry (2-ial)
- Tetrapod (4-ped)
- Two limbs used for manipulation "arms"
- Still active brachiator (capable climber)
- Two limbs used for locomotion (biped) "legs"
- Two limbs used for manipulation "arms"
- Body consists of three segments
- Head with sensors and multiple-use orifice (consumption, communication, and respiration)
- Torso with manipulatory limbs
- Abdomen with locomotor limbs
Humans have a conventional carbon-water based biochemistry.
Humans use a conventional respiration cycle consisting of:
- Oxygen-nitrogen inhalant
- Carbon dioxide exhalant
Evolution & Environment
- Hyper-acclimitization: Known to quickly adapt to many different climates and environments.
- Requires shelter and clothing.
- Prefer to shelter in defensible dens protected from the elements.
Humans are primarily a diurnal species and are active by daylight and rest during the night. They use a wide variety of technologies to master their environment including terraforming.
Diet & Trophics
- Sometimes called a "hunter-gatherer" due to many human's penchant for pursuing animal sustenance.
- Known for advanced agriculture and livestock husbandry practices.
- Regarded as an apex predator, through the use of technology, on their homeworlds.
Gender & Reproduction
Humans have the following reproductive characteristics::
- Two genders (male & female)
- Mild sexual dimorphism
- (sexual reproduction)
- Reproduces through conjugal intercourse
- Varied mating systems (primarily monogamy)
- Viviparous birth
- (Iteroparous): Uses K-selection and have few offspring that require considerable amounts of time to raise to maturity.
History: The ancestral Suerrat lived in their homeworld's lush equatorial forests, and were well adapted to that environment. Early Suerrat literally lived in trees, having tamed, and then moved in with, a local predator that made burrows in the largest trunks.
- Like the Geonee, Dishaan, and others, the Suerrat were conquered by the Vilani during the Consolidation Wars and incorporated into the Ziru Sirka.
Government & Politics (Leadership)
The Suerrat Republic government is characterized as having a high degree of centralization, which sets uniform policies that direct the entire multi-system state and largely disregards local/planetary differences. The Suerrat Republic government is usually classified as a Parliamentary Republic, a form of a Unitary State.
Technology & Trade (Economy)
The Suerrat claim to be a Major Race as they independently developed interstellar travel. However this was based on generation ships, not jump technology, so the claim is not generally accepted by other races. The Suerrat paralleled the Vilani in technological development, with one major exception. Both races reached space within a few hundred years of each other (the Suerrat, in fact, doing this before the Vilani); but only the Vilani went on to develop the jump drive. The Suerrat used sublight gravitic drives instead. By the time they first encountered the Vilani, they had founded a state of about two dozen worlds, knit together by vast generation ships. The two civilizations traded, and soon the Suerrat had a considerable empire comparable to that of their brethren.
- Please see polity entry at Suerrat Republic for more information.
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
This race is primarily located in the following areas:
The homeworld of this race is:
- Their population in 1105 is estimated to be 359 billion.
References & Contributors (Sources)
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (A-M) (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), 34.
- Marc Miller. Research Station Gamma (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 43.
- Peter G. Celella, James Holden. Solomani & Aslan (Digest Group Publications, 1991), 24.
- Charles Kimball. "Suerrat". Alien Realms Volume 1 Issue 3 (1991): 7-9 of HIWG
- Jean Rabe. "Contact: The Suerrat." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 26 (1997): 4-5.
- Paul Drye, Loren Wiseman, Jon F. Zeigler. Interstellar Wars (Steve Jackson Games, 2006), 86-87,145.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science