Schunamann und Sohn AG (SuSAG) concentrates on chemical, pharmaceutical, biological, and geneering industries. The company has expanded beyond healthcare to industrial processes and even military contracts, often to the detriment of its public image.
- SuSAG is an Imperial megacorporation.
- It primarily operates within Charted Space.
Market Ticker Code
This business entity is traded under the following interstellar market code/s:
|Market Ticker Code|
|SuSAG||TBD||4 to 12 alphanumeric character||LIC||None|
SuSAG is one of the thirteen Imperial MegaCorporations in operation in 1116.
- Psi Drugs
Schunamann und Sohn AG, LIC: SuSAG engages in a wide range of chemical, pharmaceutical, and geneering activities. SuSAG is the primary manufacturer of anagathics for the Imperium, and maintains psi drug manufacturing plants in certain client states outside Imperial borders.
Governance & Organization
President, Board of Directors
Each Division is headed by a Vice-President and activities are controlled by Regional General Managers in each Division.
- Medical and Surgical Products
- Industrial Chemicals
- Chemical and Biological Warfare
Stock ownership: 1105
- Schunamann family — 52%
- Imperial family— 2½%
- Hortalez et Cie — 9%
- Other corporations — 23½%
- Private ownership — 7%
- Other— 6%.
- Schunamann family- 52%
- Imperial Family- 6%
- Hortalez et Cie- 6%
- Other Corporations- 24%
- Private Investors- 7%
- Other Investors- 6%
Best Known Products & Services
This business is best known for:
History & Background (Dossier)
Because of the bad reputation for safety of its chemical/biological warfare division, the firm is not well liked in many regions, even though all of SuSAG's dangerous manufacturing plants and experimental stations are located on remote, uninhabited planetoids.
- Since sabotage of its plants is widespread, and its products extremely valuable, the firm maintains a large paramilitary security force, equipped to tech level 12-14 standards.
- SuSAG was founded in 252 by Gustav Schunamann, financed from royalties received for his purification process for various psi-drugs, and using the shell of a bankrupt Sylean firm (hence the archaic AG in its name).
- With the Psionics Suppressions in 800, psi drugs were declared illegal, all plants engaged in their manufacture within the Imperium closed, and all stocks confiscated and destroyed.
- Fortunately for SuSAG, the firm had by then expanded into other operations, and although badly damaged, managed to survive and prosper.
- SuSAG often engages in clandestine military ventures (using mercenary units) to protect their extra-Imperial interests.
- Ginshar: Anagathics trade in particular.
- Ral Ranta: Illegal pleasure drugs.
No information yet available.
History-Era: New Era
Worlds & Sectors (Astrography)
No information yet available.
World Listing: 1105
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- John Harshman, Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Library Data (A-M) (Game Designers Workshop, 1981), .
- Marc Miller, Loren Wiseman. Tarsus (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), .
- Loren Wiseman. Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 16 (Game Designers Workshop, 1983), .
- Marc Miller. Referee's Companion (Game Designers Workshop, 1988), .
- Rob Caswell. "Megacorporations in the Rebellion Era." MegaTraveller Journal 3 (1992): .
- Steve Daniels, Jim McLean, Christopher Thrash. Far Trader (Steve Jackson Games, 1999), .
- Loren Wiseman. "SuSAG." Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society 01 (1979): 2-9.
- Martin Dougherty. Solomani Front (Mongoose Publishing, 2021), 85.
- Christopher Griffen. The Third Imperium (Mongoose Publishing, 2021), 58.
- Traveller TNE Mailing List Deneb Sector Library Data: Economics published 11 June 2001 by Peter Gray dead link
- ↑ Charles E. Gannon. Hard Times (Game Designers Workshop, 1991), 57.