|Kaasu/Khukish (Corridor 1209)|
|Classic Era (1115)|
- It is covered with very deep oceans with less than 1% of its land above sea level.
- The inhabitants of this world live on the roughly 1% of exposed land mass, in underwater colonies, on city ships, or similar arrangements.
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- Its economy is barely growing and living conditions are not expected to improve in the near future.
- This world serves as the sector capital with the considerable extra trade and prestige associated with that role.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Khouth Subsector of Corridor Sector in the Domain of Vland.
- This world has a colony at Latu (world).
- This world was known by the same name during the time of the First Imperium.
Kaasu is a world famed for its many shipyards, which specialize in an unusual niche.
- The specialized surface shipyards are complemented by orbital yards, which are more conventional and run by the typical array of megacorporations.
Kaasu is the home of the Corridor Chronicles
Point of Interest: High-tech Starship Manufacturing
Delainey Corporation is a high-tech shipyard in the Outer part of the Kaasu System
Non-canon: However, a specific local manufacturer produces a suite of elite, high G acceleration, high-agility civilian starship designs which are one step removed from military grade escorts and gunboats. They have low displacement thick armored hulls, amazing long range sensor suites, advanced computers and are beautifully streamlined with lean graceful lines.
Available in bold and dynamic color patterns, they are however expensive, built in small lots to discerning clients, often from quite far afield. These features are justified because of the local high gravity necessitating high G thrusters and HEPLAR.
The hydrographic percentage is accommodated by deep submersible features, armored pressure hull, gravitic maneuver, and sophisticated fuel scoops and fuel refineries. These designs have hard points and advanced fire control. They are never delivered with weapons installed, preserving their civilian status.
History & Background (Dossier)
Despite its heavy gravity, Vilani miners came here to exploit the planet's rich mineral resources. Over time, Kaasu's focus gradually shifted from mining to manufacturing and earned Kaasu the distinction of being Corridor Sector's only TL16 world.
With the intrusion of Taarskoerzn Corsairs into Kukish Subsector, the status of Kaasu as Sector Capital changed. With the Corridor Fleet withdrawn to the core at Emperor Lucan's order, Duke Rehman set out from Kaasu to defend his realm. Gathering those scattered fleet elements left to him, he waged a desparate fight, only to disappear in a nuclear assassination on Ashima (Corridor 1515). Rumours of the Duke's survival did nothing to fill the growing power-vacuum at the sector nobility's highest levels. Rebbed of its naval strength, then deprived of its leadership, Corridor could do little but crumble. For most of the sector, the Vargr stepped into the governor's role. But Kaasu was different. On Kaasu, Marquis Jan Rehman, the Duke's brother, tried to make the most of the situation. Armed with the threat of a sizeable Tech-16 arsenal, the Marquis entered into negotiations with agents of the Vaenggvae, the overlords of the Corridor 's Corsairs. The Marquis emerged with control of Kaasu and its moon. The Vaenggvae - or in practice their Taarskoerzn deputies - kept control of the rest of the system.
- It holds the estate of an Imperial knight.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial count.
- It holds the fiefdom of an Imperial subsector duke.